PDA

View Full Version : Control point app lists tracks but tracks now don't play

peterk
12-01-2016, 05:26 AM
I'm just starting to use computer-based audio rather than CDs. I use the MiND app on iPad to control internet radio from Vtuner, and I've installed Asset uPnP (trial, then reg) on my PC laptop that so far has just a few FLAC audio tracks. It all worked fine initially, but now the app lists the tracks but fails to play them. Vtuner still works fine. (I had also installed the Lumin app on the iPad and Bubble on the PC to have a better iPad display of classical track details, and it failed in the same way at the same time.) I have tried uninstall and reinstall of Asset, and running Asset as either local or service, and several shutdowns of the PC. I have uninstalled Bubble. I've changed the location of some tracks on the PC and the MiND app has correctly revised the track list, but still nothing plays. The app just reports Server Error in a pop-up window after a few seconds delay.
Any suggestions for the source of the problem? - and it's cure!

Spoon
12-01-2016, 08:15 AM
You need to try a different player, I would recommend installing 'Plug Player' on your ipad, and set the Renderer as the ipad its self so it will play from Asset to the iPad, then try to play. As you are streaming flac the audio might stutter occasionally as the wifi of the ipad is not fast enough, however it would show if it is able to play or not the files.

peterk
12-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, which has interesting results. I installed Plug Player on the iPad. It immediately found Asset on the PC and correctly listed the tracks, and it played on the iPad and I then used Airport Express to successfully direct the output to the DAC of my HiFi. Setting the renderer to the Moon MiND device instead (and this device was already listed by PP) produced silence. Oddly, the track I was playing as a test is 04:58 long, but when using the MiND device, this was displayed as 61:01.
Selecting to play TuneIn radio on Plug Player also worked with the iPad as renderer counting up time from 00:01, but failed to produce sound via the MiND device, again showing 61:01 as the playing time. However, the MiND app on the iPad successfully directs internet radio through the MiND device to the HiFi.
In case it is relevant, I use ethernet-over-mains (aka powerline) between PC, internet connection and MiND device. I have tried restarting the internet connection, without effect.
Any idea what is the solution?

Spoon
12-01-2016, 12:04 PM
You should bring the mind next to the pc as a test.

peterk
12-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Sorry I'm not clear what I should do: in what way close? - move the PC so that its powerline ethernet is plugged into a mains socket next to the MiND device's powerline ethernet? I can't readily move the MiND device as it is wired into the HiFi, so it's the PC that'll have to physically move.

peterk
12-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Success! I powered down the powerline for the MiND device, the MiND device itself and the DAC of the HiFi, then powered them up again. I hadn't done all three at once before. This must have reset something somewhere because both Plug Player and the MiND app now can send audio files through from the PC and internet radio too. So it is all working fine now. Thanks for your help Spoon - running PP on the iPad was a great idea, and will be useful for future troubleshooting I'm sure.