PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with CDRipper setup/errors

pametz
11-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm a newbie setting up a system to rip my DVD collection. I'm trying to configure CDRipper to make Flac files and every CD I rip seems to have anywhere from 30 to 100% track errors. I gone through the config several times and tweaked but nothing seems to help. I have even tried ripping a couple of unopened disks that I knew were pristine.

External TSST SE 218CB
Windows 10
Latest build of dbPoweramp

I'm sure its something simple I'm overlooking on my end, but I've run out of steam and patience trying to sort it out. A nod in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Here are a couple of sample logs:

New CD
>>Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\Nat King Cole\The Christmas Song\01 Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 2548 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 14337) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\Nat King Cole\The Christmas Song\02 Nat King Cole - Deck the Halls.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 14337 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 19582) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\Nat King Cole\The Christmas Song\03 Nat King Cole - Adeste Fideles.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 19582 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 30767) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\Nat King Cole\The Christmas Song\04 Nat King Cole - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.flac'
Unalble to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 30767 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 37327) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
Oping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\Nat King Cole\The Christmas Song\05 Nat King Cole - O Tannenbaum.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 37327 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 51057) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
<<

Older CD

>>Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\01 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - The Salutation Carol.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 33 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 12045) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\02 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Joys Seven.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 12045 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 31465) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\03 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - O Come All Ye Faithful.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 33961 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 45400) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\04 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - I Saw Three Ships.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 45400 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 56110) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\05 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 56110 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 69913) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\06 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 69913 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 84423) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\07 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Sussex Carol.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 84423 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 94735) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\08 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 94735 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 103320) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\09 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Benedicamus Domino.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 103320 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 109183) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\10 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Adam Lay Ybounden.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 109183 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 117133) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\11 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Bethlehem Down.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 117133 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 132650) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\12 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Ding Dong Merrily on High.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 132650 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 142478) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\13 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Sir Christèmas.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 142478 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 150785) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 14' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\14 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - See Amid the Winter's Snow.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 150785 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 178905) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 15' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\15 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Tommorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 178905 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 189023) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 16' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\16 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Infant Holy.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 189023 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 200183) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 17' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\17 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Go Tell It on the Mountain.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 200183 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 209865) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 18' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\18 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Silent Night.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 209865 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 226753) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 19' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\19 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Toccata En Si Mineur (Dix Pièces) - Gigout.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 226753 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 242000) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 20' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\20 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Prelude Et Fugue En Mi Bemol.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 242000 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 251195) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 21' to 'C:\Users\pmetz.ZOOM7\Desktop\DTmusic\St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The\Christmas at St. Thomas New York\21 St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys, The - Organ Finale.flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 251195 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 272558) [clRipperSecure::Rip]<<

Thx!
pm

garym
11-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Does it ever successfully rip any CD (or part of a CD) to a FLAC file? Every one of the errors above are not really ripping errors, but essentially dbpa saying it can't read the CD itself (as if there is a problem with your cd drive). Although this is odd, because it must be reading the CD initally as it knows the CD is there and filled in metadata for CD. So it is just when READING it to rip that it fails. Do you have "use C2 errors" ticked in the dbpa ripping settings? If so, untick use C2 errors. They seem to rarely work when a CD drive is connected externally, even if the drive itself supposedly supports C2.

Spoon
11-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Try right click on the dBpoweramp Control Centre Icon >> Run as Administrator

Then start CD Ripper from the control centre.

pametz
11-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Does it ever successfully rip any CD (or part of a CD) to a FLAC file? Every one of the errors above are not really ripping errors, but essentially dbpa saying it can't read the CD itself (as if there is a problem with your cd drive). Although this is odd, because it must be reading the CD initally as it knows the CD is there and filled in metadata for CD. So it is just when READING it to rip that it fails. Do you have "use C2 errors" ticked in the dbpa ripping settings? If so, untick use C2 errors. They seem to rarely work when a CD drive is connected externally, even if the drive itself supposedly supports C2.

C2 is unchecked.

DBPA is reading the CD and brings in all the metadata. It sometimes rips a few tracks and fails others. On some CDs it fails 100%. I can play the CDs with WMP. No issues there.

pametz
11-29-2016, 07:19 PM

I'll give that a shot. Thx!

pametz
11-29-2016, 09:18 PM

Tried running as admin. No change. I did notice that if I rerun the rips over and over eventually I might get different results. Occasionally one or two tracks that failed previously will rip successfully. I was even able to get one disk to rip 100% after several fails. Feeling like it might be a hardware issue. Tried gently cleaning the lens on the optical drive. No impact.

Spoon
11-30-2016, 03:03 AM
It does sound like a hardware issue, try a different cd ripping program such as exact audio copy, if it does the same it is hardware.

pametz
11-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Well that was ab interesting exercise. EAC recognized the optical drive, but couldn't detect a loaded CD, Tried several disks. Sounds like it time to try a new drive and hopefully that will resolve the problem.

pametz
11-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Update:
Rebooted because, well that's what I do when I've run out of other ideas. EAC now recognizes the drive and disk. Was able to rip several disks with only one error. Went back to dbpa and tried again. Same issues. Updated firmware on drive and that seemed to help. Down to about 85% success rate. Often picks up the fails on a second or third attempt. New drive on the way. Will see if that is the ultimate solutions.