PDA

View Full Version : select the path to the network drive

maxdesmo
11-02-2016, 04:29 AM
hi,

I changed my provider internet from adsl to coaxial..

I reconnected my network drive WD "my book Live" to the box and my PC by ethernet wire.

I unsinstall et install dbpoweramp twice.

When I open CD ripper, and want to select the path I cannot find the network drive.

on the other hand, I can use the network drive to listen the music on my Linn Ackurate .(so the the network drive is really connected)

But I cannot rip new CD on the network drive by dbpoweramp

can you help me ?

maxdesmo
11-02-2016, 04:31 AM
the network drive WD appear as "MUSICBOX-twonky"

Dat Ei
11-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Which OS?

Dat Ei

Spoon
11-02-2016, 05:27 AM
>the network drive WD appear as "MUSICBOX-twonky

This is UPnP, the server on the WD, however it is something different to file sharing.

If you open Windows File Explorer, you should see the device under the network selection, if you do not then that part is not working on the WD.

maxdesmo
11-03-2016, 03:23 AM
yes , I do confirm, when I open Windows file Explorer, the device appear in the network selection as "MUSICBOX-twonky"

but , on the dbpoweramp cdripper page, on path selection, when I click on the network selection, MUSICBOX-twonky doesn't appear.

IOS is windows 7

Dat Ei
11-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Hey maxdesmo,

try to enter "\\MUSICBOX-twonky" in the folder selection box or try to assign a drive letter to your NAS.

Dat Ei

maxdesmo
11-03-2016, 06:54 AM
//MUSICBOX-Twonky doesn't work in the folder selection box..

what is the way to assign a drive letter to my NAS ?

for info, Linn Kazoo interface acces to all my cd ripped...

mville
11-03-2016, 08:54 AM
//MUSICBOX-Twonky doesn't work in the folder selection box..

do not enter //MUSICBOX-Twonky, enter \\MUSICBOX-Twonky

Dat Ei
11-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Hey maxdesmo,

what is the way to assign a drive letter to my NAS ?

try to connect the network drive with the file explorer ('Extras') and assign the drive letter. That is just a windows staandard function.

for info, Linn Kazoo interface acces to all my cd ripped...

Accessing a music service is something completely different to accessing the file service.

If you can't access \\MUSICBOX-Twonky, I would guess, that you have not enabled SMB for the NAS.

Dat Ei