PDA

View Full Version : cant downgrade from 5 to 4.3

joeh
09-03-2016, 09:17 AM
I have uninstalled. I have checked the registry. Really frustrating. I use an Oppo 83 which is no longer supported apparently so I tried downgrading multiple times. I have spent hrs trying to get Asset to get rid of version 5 to no avail. when I bring up the configuration tool it shows 4.3 but when I go to the oppo it still shows 5. when I try to search songs they either don't show or skip over.

joeh
09-03-2016, 02:17 PM
ok this is unbelievable. I have searched my registry and deleted anything I can find. Every time I reinstall 4.3 it immediately shows 4.3 in the config but runs 5 on the oppo. WTF. What kind of lazy programing is going on here? Perhaps I need to just buy a new oppo or Comp. Hrs wasted. Maybe someone could send me a list of files that need to be manually deleted. There must be some hidden config files as every time i reinstall the preferences and directories are already known. My premium purchase is however gone.......

Spoon
09-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Uninstall Asset, then look if you can still access on the OPPO, if you can, then you have 2 lots of Asset installed.

mville
09-04-2016, 07:22 AM
I use an Oppo 83 which is no longer supported apparently so I tried downgrading multiple times.

Why do you say the OPPO BDP-83 is no longer supported?

joeh
09-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Spoon
Thanks for the response. Asset doesn't show on my oppo when uninstalled. As soon as I reinstall it shows and acts as 5.

joeh
09-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Mville
Because it wont play Pcm files properly on Asset 5. Spoon can give you a better explanation than I.

mville
09-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Because it wont play Pcm files properly on Asset 5.

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Settings Override (Control Point Specific)
do you have anything here, related to the OPPO BDP-83?

Also, have you rebooted your PC, after the uninstall of Asset?

joeh
09-04-2016, 08:22 AM
In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Settings Override (Control Point Specific)
do you have anything here, related to the OPPO BDP-83?

Also, have you rebooted your PC, after the uninstall of Asset?

Currently it is uninstalled. Yes, have rebooted several times in the process of trying to get rid of 5.

mville
09-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Currently it is uninstalled. Yes, have rebooted several times in the process of trying to get rid of 5.

What file format is your audio library? I believe you should be able to get this working with Asset UPnP R5.2.

However, if you still want to roll back to R4.3 check the following:

If after the reboot, you have NO instances of Asset-uPNP.exe running (check the Task Manager) then Asset seems to be uninstalled OK.

However, you will probably still have your Asset UPnP R5 library files (with older R4.3 library files) resident here:
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

If so, I recommend you backup this folder, so you can restore it if need be (as Asset settings are contained here), then remove it and try installing Asset UPnP R4.3 again.

joeh
09-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Mville

Deleted the whole "AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary" and that worked. Thanks for the help. I liked some of the new features of the latest version of Asset so I thought I'd try it. 5 is known to not work with the Oppo 83 but I was hoping the latest might. Didn't know what a pain it would be to downgrade however.

mville
09-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Deleted the whole "AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary" and that worked. Thanks for the help. I liked some of the new features of the latest version of Asset so I thought I'd try it. 5 is known to not work with the Oppo 83 but I was hoping the latest might. Didn't know what a pain it would be to downgrade however.

It is a while since I looked at this, so can you remind me where and/or who, says Asset 5 does not work with the OPPO BDP-83?

joeh
09-04-2016, 12:38 PM
This thread

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?36233-Version-5-with-oppo-bdp-83

also I need a new registration as my version is no longer available when I go to my downloads on this site

thx

Spoon
09-04-2016, 06:16 PM
We do not keep old versions for download, only the latest.

The thread you link, the issues with oppo browse were fixed in R5.1

joeh
09-06-2016, 08:33 AM
thats great to hear. Perhaps someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. None of my pcm transcodes show up on the oppo 83 with the latest asset. If they do then the oppo just skips them.
I have version 4.3 archived. however it is not registered. I just need to register it.

joeh
09-06-2016, 08:42 AM
This with respect to version 5.1

mville
dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Version 5 with oppo bdp-83

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Now fixed:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...t-R5-1-Windows
Browsing my library is now working.

However, I remember now why I abandoned DLNA streaming to the OPPO BDP-83SE as random files (flac as lpcm) are skipped by the OPPO on playback.

I've got some emails to and from OPPO from a couple of years ago. From what I can make out OPPO engineers were aware of a problem but I don't think the issue was ever resolved, at least not for the BDP-83/BDP-83SE using the latest firmware.

If any BDP-83/BDP-83SE users have an update on this issue, please enlighten me.

mville
09-06-2016, 12:44 PM
None of my pcm transcodes show up on the oppo 83 with the latest asset. If they do then the oppo just skips them.
I have version 4.3 archived. however it is not registered. I just need to register it.

What firmware are you running on the OPPO BDP-83?

What file format is your audio library?

do you have anything here, related to OPPO, if so, what?

joeh
09-06-2016, 07:05 PM
What firmware are you running on the OPPO BDP-83?
last official. BDP83-60-1110

What file format is your audio library?
Varies mp3, flac, and ogg. Mostly flac. Flac and ogg transcoded to pcm.

do you have anything here, related to OPPO, if so, what?

=Windows-Media-Player/12
[SimpleBrowse]

=PLAYSTATION 3
[ForceToWAVE]

=AssetControl
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
[NoAssetTrackWantFrontArtist]
[NoAssetTrackWantEndArtist]
[NoAssetAlbumArtist]
[NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle]

={no-identification}
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
[NoAssetAlbumArtist]

=Xbox
[ForceToLPCM]
[NoForce]
.mp3

=ChorusDS
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]

=BDP-8
[ForceToLPCM]

Spoon
09-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Try the FLAC 'as wav' then 'as lpcm', for the LPCM enable debugging in asset, play one track and post the debug log please.

mville
09-07-2016, 05:49 AM
=Windows-Media-Player/12
[SimpleBrowse]

=PLAYSTATION 3
[ForceToWAVE]

=AssetControl
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
[NoAssetAlbumArtist]
[NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle]

={no-identification}
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
[NoAssetAlbumArtist]

=Xbox
[ForceToLPCM]
[NoForce]
.mp3

=ChorusDS
[NoAssetPrependTrackNum]

=BDP-8
[ForceToLPCM]

In Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Audio Format Streaming
set FLAC as LPCM

and in Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Settings Override (Control Point Specific)
replace:
=BDP-8
[ForceToLPCM]

with the following:
=OPPO PLAYER
[ForceToLPCM]
[NoForce]
.mp3

=BDP-8
[ForceToLPCM]
[NoForce]
.mp3