PDA

View Full Version : Version 15.6 help with all settings for best FLAC conversion from Apple SuperDrive

tunes
08-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Just purchased this and there are so many user options to go through. I am not sure what options to select for ripping CDs from my Apple SuperDrive to FLAC??

Is there a suggested setting guide for this latest release (is this the latest release?)
I need help especially with secure ripper options, e.g. maximum rereads to put in 100 etc, ultra passes. Why is Drive Read Cache greyed out? Rip secure abort? Mark track as error if Insecure?

I just want to set everything up for best possible FLAC files before I rip my entire CD collection to my external hard drive.

Thanks

Spoon
08-22-2016, 10:38 AM
See:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

It covers pretty much all, on the Mac version the offset is automatically found and left as zero if the program cannot determine.

tunes
08-22-2016, 07:37 PM
See:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

It covers pretty much all, on the Mac version the offset is automatically found and left as zero if the program cannot determine.

I did not see the option for HDCD in my version for DSP ReplayGain options.

Spoon
08-23-2016, 03:49 AM
HDCD is not available on OS X, Microsoft own the patents on HDCD and will not license on OS X.

tunes
08-23-2016, 04:45 AM
I have release version 15.6 (1)
I am trying to configure CD ripper and the Setup Guide seems to refer to a different version. For example: UnderCD Ripper options, in my version there is no send finder prints under Accurate Rip Options.
Under Ultra Secure should ultra secure ripping be enabled?
Keep passes to 3,6,2. Is 34 times best for max Re-reads. Read somewhere 100 was suggested.

Does the Apple SuperDrive support C2 pointers?

Spoon
08-23-2016, 12:07 PM
The OS X version cannot submit to accuraterip, only Windows.

If you are getting AccurateRip verified rips then it does not matter if ultra secure, or c2 is enabled, these options are only for recovery of damaged discs.