PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Convert an ASX file to MP3??

Unregistered
01-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Anyone know?

Razgo
01-16-2004, 04:21 AM
i'm not sure about asx files. are these wav pcm files?

Unregistered
01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
i'm not sure about asx files. are these wav pcm files?

It's an "advanced streaming" format. I can't remember if the Windows Media codec can decode it or not. It might be a playlist. If it's a playlist, you'd have to get software that records a Windows media stream and that might be tough to find.

Unregistered
01-16-2004, 02:07 PM
It's an "advanced streaming" format. I can't remember if the Windows Media codec can decode it or not. It might be a playlist. If it's a playlist, you'd have to get software that records a Windows media stream and that might be tough to find.

Here is how to convert asx to mp3.

ASX is a playlist of asf files located on the server. Use windows media player to view the list this way. Open the stream in the windows media player, then click file export playlist. If it is an actually list of files that are saved on the server and not a radio broadcast then you are in luck. The playlist will contain all of the direct locations of the .asf files. The playlist in readable in the notepad. Next step is to download that asf file. Use AsfRecorder

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7942,00.asp

capture the asf then rename it to .wma. it's the same format. Then just download WMA codec for the music converter and convert to mp3. That's it!
enjoy