PDA

View Full Version : WAV tags

emsquare
06-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Great set of tools! Best thing that I've seen so far. Does what it needs to well and stays out of the way.

I currently store my music collection in WAV format for use with a couple of Turtle Beach AudioTrons. (Want the quality, no support for Monkey's Audio. :-( ) The AudioTron, along with the accompanying AudioStation software, uses a version of the ID3 tags embedded in the WAV files. (Obviously, not part of a Microsoft standard.) Since AudioStation seems to be the only program that reads and writes these tags, AudioTron owners who use WAV files are forced to use AudioStation to manipulate those tags. I would love to able to use dBpowerAMP instead and get rid of AudioStation.

What about adding support for WAV file tags? I would be glad to send you a tagged file if you need an example.

-MM-

Spoon
06-07-2002, 04:16 PM
I think such an addition would have limited appeal, there are many more pressing issues that need addressing, sorry.

THIRDWORLDER
07-28-2002, 07:38 PM
I would also guess that modifying the wav files by tagging could make them unusable for burning to audio CD, or at least by any prog other than the one that did the tagging.

Maybe that's the real reason AudioStation does it...