PDA

View Full Version : Folder slow down since latest release

moriez
06-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Hi there,

I installed the latest release over the existing 15.3 installation and am now experiencing a slight slow down when opening folders.
For a (very) brief moment the mouse pointer changes to the busy animation in particular when there's more than a couple of files inside.
Already tried a clean install and also a reinstall of 15.3 to make sure this really is an ''issue'' with the latest version.

Windows version is 7 x64.

Would appreciate your thoughts and help with this.

Thanks!

Spoon
06-20-2016, 10:41 AM
How many files in the folder? what audio type are they?

If you disable dBpoweramps shell extensions (property handler and thumbnail provider) the slowdown goes?

moriez
06-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks for a fast reply.

You hit the nail right quick! The issue comes from the Thumbnail and property handler. Adding FLAC and MP3 to the exclusions seems to solve this.

Excellent indeed :)

Spoon
06-20-2016, 11:22 AM
If you can find out which it was the thumbnail or property it would help us investigate it.

moriez
06-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't know what or where the difference is between the two.

All I did is untick the Thumbnail and property handler in dBConfig to find out this solved it. Then tick again and excluding FLAC and MP3.

mville
06-21-2016, 07:55 AM
I had to untick the Thumbnail and property handler option in dBpoweramp Configuration years ago, as I noticed a real slow down in browsing folders in File Explorer (Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit).

File formats I use are also flac and mp3, currently running dBpoweramp Music Converter R15.3.