PDA

View Full Version : Hardware recommendation for Asset UPnP

HighEnder
06-13-2016, 04:01 AM
Hi Spoon,

Currently I have a SSD with 1TB and a 2 core processor. It takes some time to get the results after changing the parameters (artist, director etc.) on the tablet.
Therefore I would like to update my PC. So, I would like to know:
a) Does Asset UPnP support multicore processors or multithreading. What is your recommendation if I only use this PC for streaming.
b) How much memory do you recommend to get the best results (8MB or 16MB)

Is there anything I should take care, also (e.g. priority setting in Windows 10)?

Best regards
Markus

Spoon
06-13-2016, 07:39 AM
Multi-core is not a huge amount of use when indexing audio as the storage is way slower than the cpu. 8GB would be more than enough to run asset. If you have having speed issues, then check the computer is wired to the network, not wireless.

HighEnder
06-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Multi-core is not a huge amount of use when indexing audio as the storage is way slower than the cpu. 8GB would be more than enough to run asset. If you have having speed issues, then check the computer is wired to the network, not wireless.

Hi Spoon,

thanks for your quick reply. The PC is connected to the network by wire. It's the ATOM Processor which slows the whole process down. I checked the performance with the i7 2600K. It's a big improvement. I just thought that an i7 is oversized. Both applications (Asset UpnP) consuming 2,6 MB in idle mode. As I know you are working on Asset UPnP 6.0 I just wanted to know in which direction I should go.
Thanks again.

Markus