PDA

View Full Version : Neglected Feature.

Timothy Wright
05-29-2016, 11:09 AM
After spending many thousands of hours of using Db Poweramp to rip CDs I recently noted that one can have multiple Album Art files.

Hey front and back cover art?

Some of my CD have extensive liner notes, perhaps worth reading, not that I ever have.

I do have an expensive scanner, in theory I could invest the time to archive both all the liner notes and rear cover?

Does ANYONE do this?

If I could download all that for free I'd buy it. I don't see every music lover scanning all the rear Album Art and liner notes on their own. In a 4k TV I could actually read tiny liner notes if they were scanned in high enough rez.

Timothy Wright
05-29-2016, 09:55 PM
I shall offer this, having invested the day in more CD ripping. When I scan a cover I now turn it over for a quick look and if it looks interesting I scan it. So far I have held off scanning any detailed liner notes.

garym
05-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Some people scan everything, front, back, insides, liner notes, etc. But I suspect such completists are a rare. I do only front cover (and don't scan...rather I find on web or let dbpa find), but find I can find all the detailed info I want on an album from the web. And some of the controllers I use (ipeng on my ipad for example) allow me to simply click while an album is playing and it automatically pulls up lots of information about the album, artist, etc. Roon is a server that provides a rich data experience for playback as well.