PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA ...)

atfaber
05-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Hi,
I have been having this issue lately with a Dell XPS, Windows 10, TSST Corp SH-216DB int. drive where randomly the rip status gets stuck for a while (two plus minutes) at "Pass 1 Ripping x%". Eventually it resumes. The track(s) where it got stuck end in error with:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'Y:\audio\Music\Widor, Charles-Marie\Widor; Das Orgelwerke, Vol.1\07 - Symphony for organ No. 1 in C minor, Op. 13-1; Finale (Allegro).flac'
Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 164753 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 184175) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

the ripper might error for another track or two and then resume happily as if nothing happened and rip Accurate tracks for the rest of the CD.
If I try and re-rip the tracks they usually rip fine (if they don't get stuck again).

This has happened over many different CDs so I can rule out defective media.

- I changed Communication from SCSI Pass Through (SPT) to Windows Internal but that didn't make any difference.
(One difference with SPT set is that if I eject the CD while ripping is stuck , the Ripper marks all unripped tracks as secure even if they were not ripped at all !!!).
- Tried Burst mode - same errors.
- Tried Run As Administrator - same errors.

The drive eventually spins down when it gets stuck (but not right away). Once it gets to the next track it spins up again ...

Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks!

Spoon
05-03-2016, 09:31 AM
It is likely your CD drive is getting faulty, it is the drive which is refusing to return any data (this should only happen if the disc is very badly damaged).