PDA

View Full Version : Asset R5.2beta - Compilations

JSouthon
04-28-2016, 03:27 AM
I've just installed Asset UPnP R5.2 beta, to fix the Compilations problem.

I now have a Container called "Compilations", as expected.

Within the "Compilations" container, there is a single folder called "Yes". This really confused me, as I have an album by Yes in my library!

By trial and error, I have deduced the following:

- I have to tick "no track listing" against the "Compilations" container, otherwise it shows every single track (plus of course the "Yes" folder)

- I have to add a child container "Albums" to see each of my compilation albums

- In order to see those albums, I have to open the "Yes" folder, which is confusing.

---

I think the "Compilations" container should function exactly like the "Albums" container, with the restriction that the <compilation> tag is set to 1.

If that were the case, I would click on the Compilations container and see each of my compilation albums, which is surely what everyone would expect?

Spoon
04-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Compilations have always worked like this, the Yes item needs to be selected to browse the items within a compilation.

The default tree contains a compilation (under advanced search) item correctly set with Albums.

JSouthon
04-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Even the default tree "Compilation" item has the "Yes" item underneath.

I understand that compilations "have always worked like this", but it's just not right. I can live with it, simply by clicking on "Yes", but I'd rather Asset were updated.