PDA

View Full Version : how to cope with duplicate albums of different resolutions

docbot
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Hi,
I have two folders, one with high res albums and one with standard. I know I can select "bits" to choose between the two in asset. That's great but I often want to browse all albums together. Unfortunately if I have both a high res and standard res version of the same album it appears as a single album but with duplicate tracks. Is there anyway I can show these as separate albums without renaming one of the album titles?

Thanks

Mark

Spoon
04-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Perhaps get rid of the duplicate albums, try PerfectTUNES if on Windows, it has the de-dup component.

mville
04-01-2016, 09:02 PM
If you want to keep both the standard CD album and the Hi-Res album and view them as separate albums, you will have to give them different album names e.g. Abbey Road (2009 Stereo Remaster) and Abbey Road (2009 24-bit Stereo Remaster).

docbot
04-02-2016, 01:45 AM
If you want to keep both the standard CD album and the Hi-Res album and view them as separate albums, you will have to give them different album names e.g. Abbey Road (2009 Stereo Remaster) and Abbey Road (2009 24-bit Stereo Remaster).

Yes, I thought that was maybe what I had to do but was hoping there may be an alternative. Never mind :-)

Thank you

mville
04-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Yes, I thought that was maybe what I had to do but was hoping there may be an alternative.

Sadly, most library browsers only use the Album tag to determine different albums. If they were very clever they could split the albums further based on file format or sample rate or bit resolution etc., which, although would be useful, is very unlikely and a little problematic.