PDA

View Full Version : Final track needing Re-rip

mdm1979
03-20-2016, 10:01 PM
About 1 in every 10 discs or so often requires a final track Re-rip. This is despite being a new disc. Are there any settings I can adjust to avoid this yet keep ripping the final track accurately?

Thanks

Spoon
03-21-2016, 05:54 AM
It is specific to your CD drive, only replacing it would change the outcome.

mdm1979
04-16-2016, 08:43 AM
Should I be ripping these defective last & second last tracks as 'secure'? It's very time consuming and I'm unsure if it's necessary.

Oggy
04-16-2016, 09:35 AM
Should I be ripping these defective last & second last tracks as 'secure'? It's very time consuming and I'm unsure if it's necessary.

Depends if you don't mind, potentially having errors on the last two tracks, of one in ten albums! Tha

Try those discs in a different drive, if this is occurring regularly. One in ten adds up to a large number of tracks with errors, and potentially a lot of lost time re-ripping frames.

1 in 100, i'd live with, and re-rip, but 1 in 10, on a regular basis, potentially shows a problem. Clean the disc and try again, if still errors in the last two tracks, try another (different model) drive. 100 discs out of a 1,000 with errors, is a lot of lost, last tracks.

Out of interest, are the discs that give errors, longer than 74mins?