PDA

View Full Version : error setting ogg callbacks

pitoloko
01-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Hello

I'm suffering this error when trying to convert any ogg file.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Svyatko\Desktop\Temp\sound.oga' to 'F:\Desktop\sound.mp3'
Error setting ogg callbacks [clDecoder::Open]

The same error that this user commented years ago:
https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?14934-error-setting-ogg-callbacks

However, I followed Spoon suggestion and the error stills.

I tried (re)installing the Xiph open codec pack and also installing their ogg playback directshow package (then setting the OGG fileextension in the directshow.txt file for dbPowerAmp).

How I could solve this issue?.

Is there other Ogg vorbis codecs that I could try?.

Spoon
01-26-2016, 04:56 AM
What processor do you have?

pitoloko
01-27-2016, 01:38 PM
What processor do you have?

I have an AMD FX-8350, and I'm running under Windows 8.1 x64.

Thanks for answer

Spoon
01-27-2016, 05:04 PM
This error makes little sense, in that it is the initialization of ogg which is failing on your system, we have never had it before and our ogg codec is some 12 years old..

pitoloko
01-27-2016, 05:51 PM
This error makes little sense, in that it is the initialization of ogg which is failing on your system, we have never had it before and our ogg codec is some 12 years old..

Do you need any sort of details about any specific thing of my system for further analysis about the problem?.

I don't have any idea about why the Codec can't initialize, is there something I could debug or try on my side?.

I just have installed the FFDSHOW, haali media splitter, and xvid codecs.

I tested dbPoweramp's converter in a fresh install of Windows 10 TH2 x64 (in a virtual machine) and happens the same error for .ogg files.

Also I will mention that the .ogg files were downloaded by JDownloader application from some Youtube video urls, I think JDownloader internally uses FFMPEG to automatically convert the audio track of the downloaded Youtube videos to .ogg files, I mention this because maybe the FFMPEG factor that generates the .ogg file could matter... or could not, IDK, but I don't have any other kind of .ogg files to try, just those downloaded by JDownloader from Youtube urls. The generated ogg files are playable.

dbPoweramp's shell extension is not able to show info about the file on the audio properties tab in explorer.

Some idea to solve this or to at least determine the cause of the problem?.

PS: In the past I remember to have successfuly converted .ogg files with dbPoweramp without problems, I'm talking about years ago in the past with windows 7 and basically the same codecs configuration (FFDSHOW, haali, xvid) but with different hardware components, I just really hope this is not an unfixable hardware/processor incompatibility or something like that :(.

Thanks.

pitoloko
01-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Sorry for my ignorance because you are the developer but I just will launch as a simple idea that maybe JDownloader/FFMPEG conversion could be the problem, maybe your ogg codec is not "detecting" or processing in some way the ogg files generated by FFMPEG?, it could be?.

Here is an .ogg file example that I cannot convert to mp3 (to whatever, ogg callback error always), could you please test if it works on your side?:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w48wyi7t8w4nn33/Two+Steps+From+Hell+-+Black+Blade.ogg

Spoon
01-28-2016, 04:22 AM
Other ogg files work?

pitoloko
01-28-2016, 04:32 AM
Other ogg files work?

DON'T READ:
I can't test it because all my current ogg files are downloaded/converted with JDownloader/FFMPEG so all the ogg files that I have are the same file type, I mean the same unconvertable kind of file.

Unafortunately I don't have any other kind of ogg file to test and I don't know where to get a "common" ogg sample.

READ:
I downloaded a sample from here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Example.ogg

and YES the conversion is successful !!, then that definitely seems that is a dbPoweramp's ogg decoder problem.

now what?

Thanks for your patience.

pitoloko
01-28-2016, 04:41 AM
I downloaded a sample from here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Example.ogg

And YES the conversion success, then definitely seems that it is a dbPowerAmp's ogg decoder problem/bug.

Now what?, it could be examined and fixed?, there is a sample file that I shared. Please keep in mind that maybe this bug/problem/whatever exists and its unfixed from years ago because the post of the other user that I linked in my main post, maybe because that long time it should be considerated to fix.

Thanks for your patience.

Spoon
01-28-2016, 06:40 AM
It seems this ogg file is corrupted, the error is happening deep within the ogg libraries, and even the official oggdec decoder will not touch the file:

http://www.vorbis.com/setup_windows/

Now certain programs can open the files, such as foobar, however they are not using the ogg libraries, instead they use FFMPEGs decoder. As far as I am concerned these files are created incorrectly and the program which is creating them needs fixing (rather than the official libraries be changed to accept non compliant files).

pitoloko
01-28-2016, 06:00 PM
As far as I am concerned these files are created incorrectly and the program which is creating them needs fixing (rather than the official libraries be changed to accept non compliant files).

Thanks for your analysis, then with your words this problem is "solved" because is not related with dbPoweramp's ogg decoder at all.

I'm just gonna start converting the ogg files using FFMPEG to uncompressed wave, then using dbPoweramp for further mp3 conversion of that waves (I preffer to use dbPoweramp for that instead of directlly convert to MP3 using FFMPEG).

Thankyou for support this!.