PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save to original folder

FLAC Off & Die!
01-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Converting fails every time when Output Location is set to Original Folder.
I have no trouble saving to the same folders if I use the Folder browser to select them.

I'm obviously not blocked by permissions from saving to these folders and can find no reason for the errors.
For some reason the converter refuses to save to the original folders unless I manually select 'em.

At first I thought maybe it's because the folders are on a different volume so I copied them to my boot volume; had the same problem.

I shouldn't have to set the output folder each time, so I registered to get an answer.

XLD converts to the same folders without error.

Debug file is attached.
Strange that it's so brief and only one track is listed, because I was converting 21 tracks.

Here's the error report for that track:
Error converting to m4a FDK (AAC), '/Volumes/mini Data/Audio to be converted/FLAC/VA - Hit Country (2014) NEED ARTWORK/3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs.flac' to '/Volumes/mini Data/Audio to be converted/FLAC/VA - Hit Country (2014) NEED ARTWORK/3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs.flac/3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs.m4a'
Unable to open '/Volumes/mini Data/Audio to be converted/FLAC/VA - Hit Country (2014) NEED ARTWORK/3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs.flac/3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs.m4a'

Secondary question:
Why does the AAC bitrate go to 512? I've never seen a converter go above 320.

PeterP
01-18-2016, 06:37 AM
Thank you for your report.

I've been trying to confirm this issue but I am unable to recreate it on my systems, neither the newest (10.11) nor the oldest (10.8) OSX version that we support.

How do you choose files for conversion? "Batch Converter", "Music Converter", Finder context menu?
Also which OSX version are you running?

As for AAC, this is the highest bitrate that FDK encoder that we use supports.