PDA

View Full Version : MAC version strings not working

gloamsdown
01-03-2016, 05:10 PM
I am unable to get the following string to work on my Mac version of dbpoweramp, whereas, the same string operates perfectly on my PC version. Does anyone know why?

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track][GRAB]1,100,[title][] [composer][artist]

When used on the MAC I get "track, album, title" without any folders.

Spoon
01-04-2016, 04:10 AM
[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[]

Does the default naming create folders correctly?

Does it not create any folders what so ever?

gloamsdown
01-04-2016, 07:27 AM
It does not create any folders whatsoever.

Spoon
01-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Even for the default naming?

Where are you ripping to? local hdd?

gloamsdown
01-04-2016, 12:16 PM
I am converting files from folders stored on a Synology NAS with the destination set as another folder on the NAS. All converted files are stored in the same folder on the NAS. I use batch conversion with several hundred files being converted.

Spoon
01-04-2016, 02:58 PM
It could be related to the NAS, try converting a handful of files to a local hdd with your naming string.

gloamsdown
01-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Tried converting to a folder (temp) on my desktop, same result. All files are together in the "temp" folder. As I mentioned earlier, the PC version of dbPoweramp works perfectly on the NAS with the same string.

PeterP
01-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Sorry, cannot reproduce this issue, folders do get created here.

Please note that folders get created only if you've chosen "dynamic" output location, not one of the other options.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/post-dmc-osx-dynamic-naming.png

gloamsdown
01-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Thank you for trying, I guess I'll just keep using the PC version and abandon the Mac version.

Spoon
01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
It was the CD Ripper you were using it in? had you set a character replacement for '/' to something else?

gloamsdown
01-05-2016, 10:04 AM
No, it was the Batch Converter, and no I had not set any character replacement.

I believe I have found the issue. The files I was attempting to convert were encoded as APE (APE to ALAC), these files failed to set up the individual folders. I've just tried converting a few thousand files from FLAC to ALAC, the necessary folders are being created correctly, as in the PC version. So, is there an issue with decoding APE files?

mville
01-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I believe I have found the issue. The files I was attempting to convert were encoded as APE (APE to ALAC), these files failed to set up the individual folders. I've just tried converting a few thousand files from FLAC to ALAC, the necessary folders are being created correctly, as in the PC version. So, is there an issue with decoding APE files?

I suspect there is a problem with dBpoweramp not able to correctly read all the necessary APE tags required to create the correct folder\file path.

PeterP
01-06-2016, 04:29 AM
APE format is not supported by dBpoweramp on Mac OSX, as Monkey Audio library did not really support platforms other than Windows last time we checked.

Not sure how you were able to select APE files in first place, batch converter hides files that it does not support. It would be most useful if you could tell us how dBpoweramp let you choose these files for conversion at all.

gloamsdown
01-06-2016, 07:59 AM
The files in question are a 20 CD set of Christopher Hogwood, Vivaldi works. The files were encoded as APE/CUE. I used Faasoft to split the CUE file, this process also converted the format to FLAC which explains why the Batch Converter saw them.

Spoon
01-06-2016, 09:27 AM
I am guessing these FLAC files have no ID Tags.

gloamsdown
01-06-2016, 11:48 AM
The only tags I am seeing are artist,album,title and track.