PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install DBP R15.3 on Laptop running Windows Vista Business

Mignun67
12-08-2015, 03:41 AM
As per the title, since losing the drive in my old eeebox, I have resuscitated my old Toshiba laptop to use as a general music/ripping machine, reinstalled Windows Vista Business, run all the updates etc. and downloaded DBpoweramp R15.3. My difficulty is that it refuses to install. Double clicking or running it just gives a blink and then as if nothing happened. I have tried double clicking while holding down the right shift key and also tried from RUN with --force32bit on the end, but again it just blinks once and nothing.

I'm beginning to tear my hair out. DBpoweramp installed just fine on Vista Basic when I bought it back in March. What am I doing wrong? Is this incompatible with Vista Business? Do I need to re-register to allow installation?

Any help much appreciated, thank you.

Spoon
12-08-2015, 05:36 AM
See:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?36181-Windows-Vista-Security-Update-KB3057839-breaks-dBpoweramp

It affects the installer also.

Mignun67
12-08-2015, 06:28 AM
Thank you. Yes, I read this thread earlier and checked to see whether update KB3057839 was installed. It's not there.

Spoon
12-08-2015, 06:30 AM
If you have a fully patched machine, it is installed, everyone gets it (I am 99% certain).

Mignun67
12-08-2015, 08:11 AM
It has been downloading and installing updates for a few days now and yesterday evening it finally informed me there were no more updates. However, I just checked and there's another update, so maybe it's not yet finished after all...

Do it take it that DBpoweramp will not install unless all up to date patches are installed (apart from the aforementioned KB3057839)?

mville
12-08-2015, 08:31 AM
It has been downloading and installing updates for a few days now and yesterday evening it finally informed me there were no more updates. However, I just checked and there's another update, so maybe it's not yet finished after all...

Do it take it that DBpoweramp will not install unless all up to date patches are installed (apart from the aforementioned KB3057839)?

If Windows states no more update available, restart the PC and check for updates again. Repeat this process, until you get no more updates available after a restart.

Mignun67
12-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Thank you both. This evening it looked like the 4 day update marathon might have reached a proper conclusion. So I went to try an install of dbpoweramp, and... success! Phew....

mville
12-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Thank you both. This evening it looked like the 4 day update marathon might have reached a proper conclusion. So I went to try an install of dbpoweramp, and... success! Phew....

Great!! Glad it is now working for you.