PDA

View Full Version : Converting a WAV collection (Naim) to FLAC?

CarlM
12-05-2015, 06:08 PM
I have have a collection which has been ripped by a Naim Unitiserve server.

All files are in Wav format and are organized in Artist folders containing Album folders which contain the track files. In each Album folder there is also the cover art which is named folder.jpg. (There is also a AMG database file there, but I assume that that information can't be used.)

I want to convert this collection to another destination folder named "FLAC16" with the same folder structure (Artist/Album). I would like to get the cover art file (Folder.jpg) in each Album folder. I would also need some basic metadata tagged to each file to be able to navigate my music collection.

I have tried, but all files are converted and stored in the same folder.

So, to cut a long story short. All I want to do is to convert a Wav collection to the more easy to use FLAC format and have everything organized in an Artist/Album folder structured with at least som basic metadata tagging to make it possible to navigate the collection.

Please advice.

BTW: I use a Mac most of the time, but I have bought a new Windows PC which I will use for this task, because I assume that converting a big collection will take some time. (Weeks?)

Thanks!

/Carl

Spoon
12-06-2015, 05:06 AM
Set dynamic naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

Also use the DSP effect Folder JPG Preserve

CarlM
12-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks Spoon!

It works!

The next step would be to tag it with more metadata. Hopefully I can work out how to do that. :)

Thanks again!

/Carl