PDA

View Full Version : Asset uPnP crashes during scanning - uMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working

Staxxx
11-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Hello. I just bought the Premium version of uPnP and have started a scan of my library.
At some point through the scan I get a pop-up window as follows:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
Application Version: 4.2.0.4
Application Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
Fault Module Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
Fault Module Version: 4.2.0.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00006f32
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393
Additional Information 1: ee2a
Additional Information 2: ee2a04e1273eb72313d00884a3408758
Additional Information 3: 43d1
Additional Information 4: 43d12f246557403be4f5c54ffe7030d1

The first time this happened after 21000 tracks. I started a rescan using refresh all and this time it happened after 45000 tracks.
The pop-up continues to appear every few seconds or so and will probably do so indefinitely, although I have clicked the close the program option each time. It does not continue scanning and if I try detecting changes it does not seem to do anything. I then tried using the Restart Asset button and then Detecting Changes and this time the error message appeared after 28000 files. And continues to do so every several seconds. It seems to be appearing at different points in the scanning even if the files were successfully scanned previously each time I repeat this latter process.

I am using a PC and connected to a Netgear NAS. The files are located on the NAS and also on an internal HDD.

2. I am using Windows Media Player as the renderer and when I select Asset uPnP under the Network map only 1800 files show up or the 48000 or so in the Library. How do I access all the files scanned to date please?

3. Annoyingly the UMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working pop-up window continues to pop up every few seconds even when I close the program. How do I disable it until I know how to remedy the situation please?

Thank you

Spoon
12-01-2015, 05:59 AM
Are you able to test it on a different PC (but looking at the same files)?

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Unfortunately this is the only PC that I own and my work laptop cannot be used.

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 07:50 AM
OK. I did notice one thing. In the last few attempts are restarting Asset and Refresh All, the program stalls at 28,500 tracks each time. Once or twice it has gone past to about 48,000 yesterday but today it is pretty much stalling at 28.5k each time. Here is the problem signature I get every time:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
Application Version: 4.2.0.4
Application Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
Fault Module Name: uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe
Fault Module Version: 4.2.0.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 54d8d9c9
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00006f32
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393
Additional Information 1: ee2a
Additional Information 2: ee2a04e1273eb72313d00884a3408758
Additional Information 3: 43d1
Additional Information 4: 43d12f246557403be4f5c54ffe7030d1

Spoon
12-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Install dBpoweramp on this machine, use Batch Converter and select your music folder. Then click Convert >> change the encoder to Test Conversion and let it run through all the files. Does it crash also?

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 08:46 AM
I have had DBpoweramp on this machine for over a year. I use it very often and without any problems. I have a lot of music that I have converted from various formats (WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc.) to WAV64 without any problems ever.

mville
12-01-2015, 08:53 AM
I have had DBpoweramp on this machine for over a year. I use it very often and without any problems. I have a lot of music that I have converted from various formats (WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc.) to WAV64 without any problems ever.

To determine whether you have any file corruption since converting, as Spoon suggested, run Batch Converter >> Test Conversion on your audio library.

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 09:00 AM
OK. Will do so. Thank you.

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Yes it stopped working somewhere .....did not say why...I will rerun the Test Conversion and see the details of the error message.

One thing I noticed that although I get the UMediaLibrary-ReadTags has stopped working pop-up every minute or so, the program is continuing to scan this time...it is up to 41,000 files, although I cannot see/access these files through Windows Media/UPnP.

According to DBPower amp there are 49,398 files to check conversion.

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
OK. I re-ran it and it did not get past the "Examining Source and Overwrite Check".....
Maybe I can scan them in smaller batches to overcome this.

In the meanwhile, the scanning with uPnP has reached 48,000 (all the while the error pop-up message has been occurring and each minute I have been clicking "close the program").

OK got past the Examining Source and Overwrite Check by selecting just one folder of music by one composer (Bach). There are four CPUs working on the Test Conversion. It will take 1 day and 15 hours so it will be a while before I get back on this....

Spoon
12-01-2015, 04:43 PM
If you can isolate the file causing the issue, we would like to have it.

Staxxx
12-01-2015, 08:20 PM
The Test Conversion is still going on. There is one file as yet identified. This is just one of the many folders with music on the NAS. It will take me a couple of weeks to get through them all. Will send you the files when done. Thank you.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 07:01 AM
There are seven files within this first folder which failed the re-convert in the Test Conversion. Would you like me to send one of them or all seven please?

Secondly, should I delete these files off the folder (no problem with doing that as I would just have to dig out the CD from storage sometime in the future and re-rip them) and then rerun Asset uPnP

Lastly, I still only see about 70 albums from hundreds in Windows Media Player although the scan says 49000 odd files scanned. How do I bring more folders into the library please? In a few days I will be getting a Naim Muso. I am hoping that unit will solve some of the problems I am having with my using Asset UPnP on my PC.

mville
12-02-2015, 08:01 AM
There are seven files within this first folder which failed the re-convert in the Test Conversion. Would you like me to send one of them or all seven please?

Secondly, should I delete these files off the folder (no problem with doing that as I would just have to dig out the CD from storage sometime in the future and re-rip them) and then rerun Asset uPnP

Lastly, I still only see about 70 albums from hundreds in Windows Media Player although the scan says 49000 odd files scanned. How do I bring more folders into the library please? In a few days I will be getting a Naim Muso. I am hoping that unit will solve some of the problems I am having with my using Asset UPnP on my PC.

Until you can guarantee that ALL files in your audio library are not corrupt/problematic, you are going to have problems with Asset, WMP etc. Any media player/server that tries scanning your files will be unable to complete successfully, if files are corrupt/problematic.

So, your priority is to identify ALL corrupt/problem files, sending examples to Spoon, before attempting the next phase i.e. scan in Asset, WMP etc.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Thank you. Will commence on this task. I assume if all the files pass the Test Conversion process they should be fine.

mville
12-02-2015, 08:12 AM
One more word of advice, which is repeated many times in these forums. Do not use Windows Media Player with your audio library. There are potential problems using WMP with album artwork and tags.

Personally, the media player/server software that I use are Asset UPnP and foobar2000.

mville
12-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Thank you. Will commence on this task. I assume if all the files pass the Test Conversion process they should be fine.

Correct.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 08:14 AM
One more word of advice, which is repeated many times in these forums. Do not use Windows Media Player with your audio library. There are potential problems using WMP with album artwork and tags.

Could I please ask for some recommendations of what to use in ranking of best sound and stability....Thank you. Free or Paid.

I must mention that this PC does not have a discrete sound card but uses the one that is built into the Haswell i5 chip. It is not my main player (which consist of the Laufer Memory Player) so I am not too bothered about the sound quality, although I would like to have the best I can extract out of it. Especially as I will be streaming to the Naim Muso.

mville
12-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Could I please ask for some recommendations of what to use in ranking of best sound and stability....Thank you. Free or Paid.

I must mention that this PC does not have a discrete sound card but uses the one that is built into the Haswell i5 chip. It is not my main player (which consist of the Laufer Memory Player) so I am not too bothered about the sound quality, although I would like to have the best I can extract out of it. Especially as I will be streaming to the Naim Muso.

For the PC, use foobar2000 with the foo_out_wasapi component (output device: WASAPI (if supported)).

For streaming, use Asset UPnP. Remember, UPnP/DLNA streaming may not be gapless when streaming to the Naim Muso.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Thank you.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Downloaded Foobar. I recognize this as the skeleton of the Laufer Technik Memory Player which they have heavily modified. If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.

mville
12-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Downloaded Foobar. I recognize this as the skeleton of the Laufer Technik Memory Player which they have heavily modified.

OK, this may well be correct but I am not familiar with the Laufer Technik Memory Player.

If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.

Sorry, I don't know as I don't use foobar2000 as a streaming server, only as a player (with the foo_out_wasapi component) on my PCs.

There is a forum for foobar2000 here:
https://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showforum=28

mville
12-02-2015, 09:02 AM
If I am not taking too much of your time, may I ask you where can I set the output to transcode all files to WAV on the fly. My files currently are a mix of WAV64, FLAC, APE, ALAC etc. but I would like to play them as Wav when it streams to the Muso and for other devices.

A quick look at the foobar2000 Components (https://www.foobar2000.org/components) and I think you need to install the UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp)component for streaming.

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Ahhh thank you :) I also have just added the WASAPI component but I am such a newbie that I have no idea where to select it as the output. I am not even sure I have it installed although I downloaded and ran it :)

mville
12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Ahhh thank you :) I also have just added the WASAPI component but I am such a newbie that I have no idea where to select it as the output. I am not even sure I have it installed although I downloaded and ran it :)

Preferences >> Components, lists all installed components (look for WASAPI output support)

Preferences >> Playback >> Output >> Device, to select the physical device that the played audio stream is sent to

Staxxx
12-02-2015, 10:27 AM
You're wonderfully helpful! I owe you a dinner!! :) Thank you.

mville
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
You're wonderfully helpful! I owe you a dinner!! :) Thank you.

No problem.