PDA

View Full Version : New to dbp and Foobar2000 Question?

Peacefulworld33
11-25-2015, 10:41 AM
Foobar2000 v1.3.9 is installed and semi configured. dbpoweramp Reference has been downloaded. Looking for directions from those who know how to proceed? Do I save files to
C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp or to the Foobar2000 folder?

Any "newbie' tips much appreciated-PW

mville
11-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Foobar2000 v1.3.9 is installed and semi configured. dbpoweramp Reference has been downloaded. Looking for directions from those who know how to proceed? Do I save files to
C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp or to the Foobar2000 folder?

Neither. You tell your media player/server software (in your case foobar2000) where your audio library is. On a windows PC, this is usually your user Music directory.

Are you ripping CDs with dBpoweramp or do you already have an audio library?

Peacefulworld33
11-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Neither. You tell your media player/server software (in your case foobar2000) where your audio library is. On a windows PC, this is usually your user Music directory.

I have an audio lib and Foobar is the player accessing the folder. I have dbpoweramp ready to configure to rip CD's to Flac to put in that audio lib.

I am reading dBpoweramp (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm) setup as well?

Peacefulworld33
11-25-2015, 12:38 PM

I intend to rip CD's with dbPoweramp and place them in my audio lib Foobar accesses the library. I have dbpoweramp ready to configure. Want to make sure my rips read correctly with Foobar.
Add album art as well.

I am reading dbpoweramp (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm) set-up as wee.

mville
11-25-2015, 04:21 PM
I intend to rip CD's with dbPoweramp and place them in my audio lib Foobar accesses the library. I have dbpoweramp ready to configure. Want to make sure my rips read correctly with Foobar.
Add album art as well.

I am reading dbpoweramp (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm) set-up as wee.

As I understand it, you have an audio library and foobar2000 is configured (in Preferences: Media Library) to access the audio library folders. Are tracks playing OK in foobar2000?

In CDRipper, you need to set Path and Naming to the same folder/file structure as your current audio library. Then, after ripping, foobar200 will automatically add the albums to it's library.

If you need help configuring Path and Naming in CDRipper, please post the folder/file structure of your existing audio library.

Peacefulworld33
11-26-2015, 06:24 AM
As I understand it, you have an audio library and foobar2000 is configured (in Preferences: Media Library) to access the audio library folders. Are tracks playing OK in foobar2000?

In CDRipper, you need to set Path and Naming to the same folder/file structure as your current audio library. Then, after ripping, foobar200 will automatically add the albums to it's library.

If you need help configuring Path and Naming in CDRipper, please post the folder/file structure of your existing audio library.

So, dbpoweramp will not automatically merge ripped audio CD(s) to Foobar, correct? I must point dbpoweramp to the music lib used in Foobar?-PW

(Also, does dbpoweramp get album art or do I need another program, PerfectTune?)

Spoon
11-26-2015, 07:32 AM
dBpoweramp fetches album art when ripping.

You rip to a single location, and have foobar monitor that location for its library.

Peacefulworld33
11-26-2015, 08:28 AM
dBpoweramp fetches album art when ripping.

You rip to a single location, and have foobar monitor that location for its library.

Thank you. I have PerfectTUNES running now to fill Album Art holes in my folder? I am reading info on all the programs to better understand operations. Foobar ofeten does not read/display my folder correctly (Artist Title and Name of Disk .) Better slow down as not to get confused...even more-PW

Peacefulworld33
12-09-2015, 09:30 AM
I did not realize PerfectTunes, etc are not related with Foobar2000 This explains a lot of my confusion with proper installation of Foobar. Time to jump or head to You Tube. LOL