PDA

View Full Version : ReplayGain preamp ? (album)

3rik
11-23-2015, 04:16 AM
Hi all,

I use dBpowerAmp R15.3 for Mac. As my Cowon Plenue M audiophile player does not support RG, I use the Batch Converter to first calculate RG (album) for my FLAC (44.1/16) music library then I use RepalyGain Apply.
But the sound is too weak, I have to push up the volume on my Cowon, and this burns battery life...

I'd like to know if there is a way to set RG album to 92dB or 95dB instead of 89dB to avoid this problem (avoid clipping too) ?

Thanks,

Eric

Spoon
11-23-2015, 05:17 AM
Use the DSP effect volume normalize, with ReplayGain enabled, then on the right you can set a volume adjustment.

3rik
11-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Spoon,

First of all thank you :)

I don't know what option to choose to add 6dB, there are many choices :

"peak to peak", "ReplayGain (track gain)" or "fixed amplification". I don't know the one to choose, maybe it's "ReplayGain (track gain) but I don't want track gain but album gain... And I don't see any option to avoid clipping.$

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Spoon
11-23-2015, 08:44 AM
You cannot do Album gain this way, only the way you have being doing so.

On the Replaygain options page you can set the LUFS target volume, it might be -18, set to -10 or -6, but you increase the risk of clipping.

mville
11-23-2015, 11:42 AM
In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.

mville
11-23-2015, 01:54 PM
In the meantime, send an email to Cowon Plenue M developers and ask them to implement ReplayGain on playback. This is a bewildering admission from the firmeware/software for a device of this quality/price.

... sorry, read bewildering admission as bewildering omission :)