PDA

View Full Version : How To Embed Album Art From Folder.jpg

reiched
11-16-2015, 01:33 AM
I have a typical mp3 library, multiple artists and albums organized into directories. When I run PerfectTunes, it finds many albums with low-rez art, when actually those albums have no art embedded in the actual mp3 files (there is a low-rez "folder.jpg" in each directory). When I click on the "Fix Albums" button, it pops up another window where it tries to find high-rez art for each album. For those albums that it does find high-rez art, it embeds that art in each of the appropriate mp3 files. However, for those albums where it finds "No Match", those mp3 files are untouched. Is there a way to have it embed the low-rez art from each "folder.mpg" file into the mp3 files?

I have also tried dBpoweramp Batch Converter (ID Tag Processing effect), but it seems to also convert the mp3s to the target bitrate as well as embedding the art. I'd rather have it leave the mp3 data alone and just embed the art. Is there any way?

Thanks,

Dave

Dat Ei
11-16-2015, 02:58 AM
Hey Dave,

BatchConverter should work as you wish, if you use "ID Tag Update" as converter. "ID Tag Update" has to be installed separately (see "Code Central" on this site).

Dat Ei

garym
11-16-2015, 07:54 AM
Hey Dave,

BatchConverter should work as you wish, if you use "ID Tag Update" as converter. "ID Tag Update" has to be installed separately (see "Code Central" on this site).
Dat Ei

Exactly. Don't convert to mp3(lame) with ID3 Tag Processing. Instead in the "convert to" selection box, choose ID TAG UPDATE. Then the batch conversion process will only deal with tagging, including embedding the artwork, and won't be trying to reconvert the audio.

reiched
11-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Exactly. Don't convert to mp3(lame) with ID3 Tag Processing. Instead in the "convert to" selection box, choose ID TAG UPDATE. Then the batch conversion process will only deal with tagging, including embedding the artwork, and won't be trying to reconvert the audio.

That makes sense, but "ID TAG UPDATE" does not show up in my dmc "convert to" drop down menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both dmc and the codec, and tried running dmc as admin, to no avail. As you can see from my screen snips below, it looks like the codec is installed. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit.

garym
11-16-2015, 11:47 AM
That makes sense, but "ID TAG UPDATE" does not show up in my dmc "convert to" drop down menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both dmc and the codec, and tried running dmc as admin, to no avail. As you can see from my screen snips below, it looks like the codec is installed. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit.

You have to install the UPDATE ID TAG codec separately from here: (about half way down page)

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

reiched
11-16-2015, 12:28 PM
You have to install the UPDATE ID TAG codec separately from here: (about half way down page)

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

I did that already. In my "Programs and Features" list, right at the top is "dBpoweramp [ID Tag Update] Codec". Here is a list of my installed illustrate products:

reiched
11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
So it's working now. I had to uninstall all illustrate products, reboot, and then reinstall dmc, the tag codec, and then PerfectTunes. The ID TAG UPDATE now shows up in the "convert to" menu. Thanks for all your help.

Dave