PDA

View Full Version : How can I disable DRM when ripping CD to WMA?

Keith Ko
12-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Dear all,

I have tried to use the dMC to rip a CD to WMA (WMA9 Professional, VBR Quanlity50, 44kHz, 2 channels, 24bits). It's great!! The file size almost equal to 60% of MP3pro (Mpeg 2 Layer3, VBR Quanlity 2, 44kHz, Joint Stero, bitrate: 80 - 160). I can't find any different from these two formats and original CD (44kHz, 2 channels, 16bits) by my ears !! ^^

However, when I copy the WMA file to my MP3 player. It can recognise the format but no sound!! From its manual said, it don't support DRM in WMA.... >__< "

As subject, how can I disable DRM when ripping CD to WMA? The CD is NOT a pirated copy. It's a must to turn DRM on when ripping?

Thank you very much~~~

Spoon
12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
No DRM is used with dBpowerAMP. It will be your mp3/wma player, currently no portable player will read WMA Pro or WMA Lossless.

Keith Ko
12-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks, Spoon

Should I use WMA9 (NOT the WMA Pro/lossless, VBR Quanlity 50, 44kHz, stereo VBR) instead of?

Besides, I don't have idea on the "WMA Quanlity". If I just would like to rip CD, what is the best choice within the quanlity (10 - 98) ?

p.s. I have tried Quanlity 25 and Quanlity 50. Except the file size, I didn't find any differents...

Thank you for your reply.... ^__________^

Spoon
12-22-2003, 01:32 PM
The file size is directly related to the quality, try some different values until one you are happy with (giving the smallest filesize) - start with a low quality and work up.