PDA

View Full Version : Support for Optorite DD0201 DVD-Burner?

Decepticon
12-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi Spoon,

I finally bought a DVD-Burner, in this case the Optorite DD0201, which can be found on the following webpage:

http://www.optorite.com/dd0201.htm

When I use the dMC CD Writer it takes a good minute or two to burn the first track. It eventually finishes burning the CD, but the first track is garbage, a loud screeching noise. The other tracks appear to be fine although I did notice a skip in one of them. When I burn an audio CD using Nero it burns just fine and there is no lengthy delay during the lead-in or actual burn of the file.

Thanks

Spoon
12-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Are you able to try different CD-R discs?

Decepticon
12-20-2003, 05:03 PM
I tried 2 different types of CDRs. Burned fine with Nero, but not with dMC Cd-Writer.

Spoon
12-22-2003, 02:00 PM
It must be the DVDness of the drive that is causing problems, even for CD-R writing, I hope to write a DVD version sometime next year.

Unregistered
01-05-2004, 05:30 AM
It must be the DVDness of the drive that is causing problems, even for CD-R writing, I hope to write a DVD version sometime next year.

My Optorite DD0203 DVD R=+/- RW+/- burner isn't recognized by either dbpowerAMP CD Writer or Nero Express (which came with the computer that includes the DVD burner). I can burn data CDs with WinXP's utility, but no audio CDs. I need to be able to convert mp3s to WAV, I think. Then would WinXP burn them as audio CDs I can play in my stereo or car? Any suggestions?

Spoon
01-05-2004, 07:01 PM
There might be a new version of Nero.