PDA

View Full Version : Need old version or x64 version of m4a FDK (AAC) Encoder

Sheep409
11-11-2015, 11:08 PM
I am using Win10 x64 and after updating my m4a FDK (AAC) Encoder to version 3.0 from 2.1, my converter refuse to load the DLL (Error: Unable to load encoder 'm4a FDK (AAC)'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]). I dug deeper into my install and found out that the encoder EXE will only install the x86 version (32 bit) no matter (clean install, without AV, etc) what (checked with Dependency Walker on the DLLs.) Since I already overwritten my old version during the download, and the file is now no where to be found in Codec Central, I am requesting a way to either force a x64 install from the EXE, or someone upload the old 2.1 version for me. Thanks.

Spoon
11-12-2015, 04:32 AM
You must have both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of dBpoweramp installed, first uninstall all dBpoweramp items, and codecs, visit:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?13285-Totally-Clearing-dBpoweramp-from-the-System

and run this, then reinstall all to the default paths.

Sheep409
11-12-2015, 06:21 AM
I know this is not it (since the x86 version was never install in the first place) but I did the uninstall and scrub anyway. Rebooted and reinstall and still the same. However, I do have PerfectTunes in x86... Here is the log:

Splitting Command Line:Done
->-> [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
<-<- [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
Decodes [clDecoder::Get]
BatchID [clDecoder::Set]
->-> [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a FDK (AAC).DLL'
<-<- [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
*** Error: Error: Unable to load encoder 'm4a FDK (AAC)'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]
->-> [clDecoder::Close]
<-<- [clDecoder::Close]

Spoon
11-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Update perfecttunes to the 64 bit version also.

Sheep409
11-12-2015, 05:36 PM
How can I do that? It always install as x86.

Spoon
11-12-2015, 05:43 PM
If you uninstall and download the latest, it will install 64 bit.

Sheep409
11-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Ok that worked, and here is what I did:

1, Uninstall everything
2, Use the reset tool, ran as admin, then ran again regular
3, Reboot
4, Before I install dBpoweramp, I ran the install for the m4a FDK (AAC) Encoder
5, then the x64 version of the install popped up
6, it won't install dBconfig

Now the issue is that ONCE I install dBpoweramp and run the install for the encoder again, it will go back to the x86 install no matter what. Therefore something is still wrong with the install within Win10, yet I can avoid this issue by installing the en/decoders FIRST before the main program install. Please look into this. Thanks.

p.s. I should have mention that no matter which version of the DLL the EXE is trying to install, it will default to the x64 path.

Spoon
11-13-2015, 04:25 AM
The installer checks for dBConfig.exe in the Program Files X86 folder, if you not install any 32 bit version of dBpoweramp it should not exist.

Sheep409
11-14-2015, 03:38 PM
The odd thing is that the install will default to x86 with the x64 install path regardless whether the x86 install exist or not, as soon as dbpoweramp got installed.