PDA

View Full Version : Help! Song 'Rating' duplicating up Album view

AndrewL
11-09-2015, 11:55 AM
HI,

I'm using Asset UPnp as a server with a Linn Akurate DS streamer. The problem I have been having for years is that when I use the album view, some albums are shown twice. When I drill down one version of the album has for example 7 of the 10 songs, and the other version has only 3. I finally figured out that one of the versions is always the songs that I like most from that album. It finally dawned on me that what is happening is that when I rate a song any number of stars, then what is happening is that that album is being split into two, the songs that have a rating are grouped as one and those that do not are grouped as another.
My question is how do fix this so that I can rate individual songs, yet the album will still be grouped together with the songs that are not rated, and show up as only one album? Any ideas?

Andrew

mville
11-09-2015, 01:23 PM
What software are you using to set the rating?

AndrewL
11-09-2015, 04:04 PM
What software are you using to set the rating?

Hi, I have used iTunes, J.River, and Audirvana.

mville
11-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Hi, I have used iTunes, J.River, and Audirvana.

First of all, try to isolate which of these applications causes Asset to split the album when the rating is set.

Spoon
11-10-2015, 03:16 AM
The only way for an album to be split is if the album title is different, or album artist is different, or disc number is different, or compilation is different, or artists are different.

mville
11-10-2015, 05:53 AM
The only way for an album to be split is if the album title is different, or album artist is different, or disc number is different, or compilation is different, or artists are different.

Exactly, so one of iTunes, J. River or Audirvana must be changing one of these values when rating is being set.

AndrewL
11-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure nothing is being changed, but I may have missed it. I will find some of the affected albums and CAREFULLY compare for any differences.

Andrew

AndrewL
11-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Exactly, so one of iTunes, J. River or Audirvana must be changing one of these values when rating is being set.

O.K. so I checked. All of the fields look identical, the only variable I can see causing this is the rating itself. If an album has any songs rated, then it gets split into the songs that have a rating, and another album with the songs that do not have a rating.

Andrew

Spoon
11-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Install dBpoweramp and the audio info codec from Codec Central:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Then convert 2 tracks (with extended info set) to this audio info codec, one track without rating, one track with rating from the same album, and post the results here please.

AndrewL
11-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Then convert 2 tracks (with extended info set) to this audio info codec, one track without rating, one track with rating from the same album, and post the results here please.

here they are, I cannot see any difference, yet they do get split up.

AndrewL
11-11-2015, 07:16 PM

Here they go.766

Spoon
11-12-2015, 03:30 AM
If you can do it again with the option 'Extensive audio info checked' and tab separated unchecked. You need to post a before and after also, something like:

Audio Details for: C:\Dido - Here With Me.ape

Length: 4 minutes 15 seconds
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz
Sample Size: 16 bit
Bit Rate: 1,411 kbps (CD)

Audio Properties:

Audio Quality: Perfect (Lossless)
Encoder: Monkey's Audio v3.97
Encoder Settings: Normal Compression
Sample Count: 11,247,852
ID Tag: APEv2
Contains: Album Art, ID Tag [APEv2]
Gapless: Yes

ID Tags:

Artist: Dido
Track: 6
Year: 1995
Genre: soundtrack
Title: Here With Me
Album: Brit Awards 2001 (Disc 1)
_albumart_1_Front Album Cover: DATA Length: 16651 ......JFIF.....,.,..

AndrewL
11-13-2015, 02:36 PM
If you can do it again with the option 'Extensive audio info checked' and tab separated unchecked. You need to post a before and after also, something like:

Audio Details for: C:\Dido - Here With Me.ape

Length: 4 minutes 15 seconds
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Sample Rate: 44.1 KHz
Sample Size: 16 bit
Bit Rate: 1,411 kbps (CD)

Audio Properties:

Audio Quality: Perfect (Lossless)
Encoder: Monkey's Audio v3.97
Encoder Settings: Normal Compression
Sample Count: 11,247,852
ID Tag: APEv2
Contains: Album Art, ID Tag [APEv2]
Gapless: Yes

ID Tags:

Artist: Dido
Track: 6
Year: 1995
Genre: soundtrack
Title: Here With Me
Album: Brit Awards 2001 (Disc 1)
_albumart_1_Front Album Cover: DATA Length: 16651 ......JFIF.....,.,..
OK I will try again. Yesterday the web browser would only allow me to upload one file, I'll see if today it will allow me to upload two. An observation, once I rate the song, and the album gets split in two, even if I unrate the song, the album still continues to be split. I have to use 'tag and rename' to remove the tag, and then create a new one, and then it gets grouped together again.

AndrewL
11-13-2015, 02:37 PM
hopefully this time they attach

Spoon
11-13-2015, 04:37 PM
From the original:

Album Artist: Adele

From the tagged:

Album Artist: AdeleAdele

mville
11-13-2015, 07:29 PM
hopefully this time they attach

Adding the Rating to 10 seems to corrupt the Album Artist tag. Did you use JRiver Media Center 18.0.212 when setting the Rating?

AndrewL
11-14-2015, 10:35 AM
From the original:

Album Artist: Adele

From the tagged:

Album Artist: AdeleAdele

Great that you caught that! I will check the rest of them to see if that is always the problem.

AndrewL
11-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Adding the Rating to 10 seems to corrupt the Album Artist tag. Did you use JRiver Media Center 18.0.212 when setting the Rating?

Yes in this case I used J.River, but I am pretty sure this problem goes back to before I owned that program, I think iTunes caused the same problem, but I am not sure. I will rate a song with iTunes and see what happens.