PDA

View Full Version : De-Dup - Mass delete

Beemer
11-05-2015, 06:12 PM
I have been using De-Dup but see there is a Mass Delete facility. I cannot find anything about this and am afraid to select it in case it deletes all my files. Is that indeed what it would do?

Spoon
11-05-2015, 08:13 PM
You can click the mass delete button, it lists the files it will delete, you have to click ok to delete.

Beemer
11-06-2015, 01:30 AM
Spoon,

thanks

Beemer
11-06-2015, 05:35 AM
You can click the mass delete button, it lists the files it will delete, you have to click ok to delete.

Sorry more confusion. I opened the Mass delete page and the duplicates. What is not clear to me is where there are say just one duplicate of a file, which file gets deleted? Is it the one shown on the left or the right of that page?

How does de-dup decide which to place in which position?

Spoon
11-06-2015, 07:34 AM
It is the one with the check mark, on the left of that page, you can try with just 1 file.

Beemer
11-06-2015, 08:22 AM
At present I have 1917 duplicate flac files. If I use your suggestion to remove the left position one this is my situation, e.g.

Left position.......................................... .......................Right position

F:\My Music\Flac\Eric Clapton\Tears in Heaven.flac..........F:\My Music\Flac\Tears in Heaven.flac

Why would the Mass Delete option decide to offer the left position as the one to delete?

Spoon
11-06-2015, 01:59 PM
If the quality is identical, then it is first scanned which is offered to be deleted. The program cannot know that you want to keep the one in a specific folder, if you have these requirements then you need to manually do the deletions.