PDA

View Full Version : Trying to upgrade to 2.1. Webroot detects malware (W32.Trojan.Gen)

wilbur_the_goos
11-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Trying to upgrade to PerfectTunes 2.1. However, my malware tool (Webroot) is detecting malware - W32.Trojan.Gen.

Filename - db39.tmp-perfecttunes-registered-32bit.exe

I contacted webroot to report a false positive.

However, I now get an error:"This installation is corrupted, please obtain a new copy". I delete, download a new copy, and the error shows up every time.

mville
11-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Try clearing your browser cache/history and re-download OR try another browser and re-download.

Spoon
11-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Perhaps webroot is stopping the file being written?

wilbur_the_goos
11-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Yep. But good news:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your report. We have examined the logs from your system and found that the detected items were the result of a false positive, and are not a threat. We have updated our security definitions to address this.

You may un-quarantine and restore the file that was quarantined by the Webroot SecureAnywhere software if you have not already done so. To restore the file:

1. Open on the cog icon next to PC Security.
2. Click the Quarantine tab.
3. Click the check box next to the filename, then click Restore.

Now that this change is in effect, we request that you run another scan of your computer (click "Scan My Computer" on the main overview window). If the same detection occurs, please let us know immediately.

Thank you,

Webroot Advanced Malware Removal Team