PDA

View Full Version : How to update old FLAC files ripped w dBpoweramp using new Ref15-PerfectTUNES?

budx3385
10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I just purchased, downloaded and registered the latest Reference v15.3 with PerfectTUNES v2.1.

I would like to update all of the tags and art for the FLAC classical music files that I ripped last year with free dBpoweramp.

How can I do that?

thank you

garym
10-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I just purchased, downloaded and registered the latest Reference v15.3 with PerfectTUNES v2.1.

I would like to update all of the tags and art for the FLAC classical music files that I ripped last year with free dBpoweramp.

How can I do that?

thank you

What do you mean by update them? Weren't they correct already? Just because there is a new version of dbpa doesn't mean that you'll get better artwork or tags. That said, you can use PerfectTunes to check your existing rips and it will suggest better art if any exists. It will also do a tag tuneup (although I haven't used that function yet). Bottom line, what you're trying to do would be within the PerfectTunes function.

mville
10-11-2015, 08:53 PM

How can I do that?

PerfectTUNES Release 2.1, includes the Album Art module and the ID Tags module. These modules allow users to add/change Album Art and fix/update some basic tags (registered version only).

In the PerfectTUNES Control Center, click the PerfectTUNES Help button for more info on these modules.

Currently, there is no "Update and Fix All My Tags" button in either dBpoweramp Music Converter or PerfectTUNES, although I believe something is being planned for later releases of PerfectTUNES.

Any other tag edits/updates, not currently available in PerfectTUNES, have to be performed manually, by the user.

budx3385
10-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Thank you, garym and mville. The new PerfectTUNES module produces much better metadata for classical music, apparently due in large part to its paid subscription to the SonataB database, and it grabs album covers better, too. I upgraded my service as soon as I saw the new features.

Many of the files that I had ripped earlier have incomplete tags, and most are missing the jpg files, so I would very much like to use PerfectTUNES to fill in the blanks. I will try to use the Control Center, as suggested.

garym
10-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Thank you, garym and mville. The new PerfectTUNES module produces much better metadata for classical music, apparently due in large part to its paid subscription to the SonataB database, and it grabs album covers better, too. I upgraded my service as soon as I saw the new features.

Many of the files that I had ripped earlier have incomplete tags, and most are missing the jpg files, so I would very much like to use PerfectTUNES to fill in the blanks. I will try to use the Control Center, as suggested.

Yep, that will do what you are seeking.