PDA

View Full Version : 15.2 for MAC: "Error writing audio data to Stdin Pipe [EncodeBlock]" -- what to do?

mraulino
10-06-2015, 06:17 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to create a separate library, with lossy files, exclusively for mobile use (an iPhone 6 running the latest OS), and after a quick research, I finally chose to go with VBR AAC, the highest quality.

So what I did was copy my whole PCM library to a new folder, and tell dbpoweramp to batch-convert all my files (all ALAC, mostly 44kHz/16bit but some hi-res as well) to Quality 5 VBR LC AAC. However, after the conversion was finished, I got the error messages on the attached print screen...

Don't know if I did something wrong or stupid... any idea?

thanks,
Mario

mville
10-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Please confirm, all 44.1kHz, 16-bit ALAC files convert with no errors, but the 96kHz, 24-bit ALAC files give the error?

If yes, I'm guessing, but you may have to downsample the 96kHz, 24-bit ALAC files, to 48kHz, before converting to AAC.

See here:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/11843951

... by the way, there's no need to copy your original library to a new folder. You just need to set a new output location, when converting and your original library remains, untouched.