PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a folder structure condition?

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Hi !

First, hello, I'm new here!

I've been trying to setup something in dbpoweramp Music Converter, but I failed, so I come here for help. Shouldn't be particularly complicated compared to some requests here, so I hope someone can help :)

So here's the thing:
When converting music and placing it neatly in my music folder, there are two cases:

If the album only has one disc, I want to place it in a folder that looks like this:
Artist \ Album \ Tracks

If there are several discs, it should look like this:
Artist \ Album \ Album, Disc * \ Tracks

In my collection, and this includes the FLACS I'm usually converting to, if there is only 1 disc, then I remove the disc value from the mp3tags, there's no value at all. There is only a disc value for albums with several discs.

So basically, I'm just trying to set a condition: if there is no disc info, skipc creating that folder. If there are several discs, create a folder for each disc.

Is that doable?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

mville
10-01-2015, 09:05 AM
What is your current Naming string, in CDRipper?

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Currently, without my failed attempt at making the condition, just like this:

[album artist]\[album]\[album], Disc [disc]\[track] - [title]

garym
10-01-2015, 09:17 AM

try this

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \[album], Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

mville
10-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Try this:
[album artist]\[album]\[album][IF][disc_total],=,1,,_COMMA_ Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

mville
10-01-2015, 09:22 AM
There's more than one way to skin a cat ... :)

garym
10-01-2015, 09:27 AM
And if you want the string to also automatically handle compilations, use this instead. For compilations, it won't put album under an artist, it will simply put it under a "Compilations" directory, with album subdirectories underneath. And note that this string also handles cases where you either have albumartist or only artist.

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \[album], Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \[album], Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

garym
10-01-2015, 09:28 AM
There's more than one way to skin a cat ... :)

great minds think (almost) alike! :cool:

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys,

I tried both options, but unfortunately, neither of them works. The first one doesn't create a disc folder, and the second one always creates one (with no disc number) :(

mville
10-01-2015, 09:39 AM
great minds think (almost) alike! :cool:

It has also been said, great minds don't think alike, for that is why they are great. I like that.

mville
10-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I tried both options, but unfortunately, neither of them works. The first one doesn't create a disc folder, and the second one always creates one (with no disc number) :(

At the top of the CDRipper window what do you have for Disc, 1/1, 1/2, 2/2 etc.?

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 09:49 AM
In CD Ripper, it doesn't matter much because once the discs are ripped I change these values. If there is only 1 disc in the album, then these values are empty (I remove them). If there are several discs, then there will be the disc number and the total number of discs.

Once I got my FLACs correct, then I use the Batch converter to create the MP3s I'll use (the FLACs are kept away), and that's when I need this, because Batch converter creates new folders for the MP3s and doesn't place them exactly where I need them in the process.

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Double post

garym
10-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys,

hmmm, odd as I use the one I posted often (except I don't include the album name along with the Disk subfolder. Try this, which is exactly what I use:

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

this works whether the disc field is empty or has a value.

garym
10-01-2015, 10:06 AM
And are you sure that the file has a "DISC" tag field when you look at these files with dbpa ID TAG EDITOR (right click on the file to see this option in file explorer). For example:

TomBomb
10-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Actually, I just managed to make it work!

This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]

Thanks for the help, though, I probably wouldn't have found it I wasn't experimenting with your ideas!

mville
10-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys,

Sorry, I have just noticed you create Album\Album, Disc (a folder within a folder):
[album artist]\[album][IF][disc_total],=,1,,\[album]_COMMA_ Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title]

So I did not check and see the sub-folder. So, as long as Disc is populated, the Naming string above IS working for me.

mville
10-01-2015, 10:30 AM
This is what I used:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFVALUE]disc,[Album] Disc [disc]\[][track] - [title]

Yep, that looks good too.

... as has been pointed out though, it DOES rely on how you populate the Disc tag, which in this thread, is unclear (pre-ripping and post-ripping).

mville
10-01-2015, 10:43 AM
In CD Ripper, it doesn't matter much because once the discs are ripped I change these values. If there is only 1 disc in the album, then these values are empty (I remove them). If there are several discs, then there will be the disc number and the total number of discs.

I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Server/player software often references the Disc tag. Your Disc tags are not consistent and there may be repercussions later, with other software.

mville
10-01-2015, 11:22 AM
One other thing to be aware of is the maximum folder/file path length, which in windows is limited to 260 characters.

Your nested Album folder concept may give you a problem with long Album names.

Example:
The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition)\The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (30th Anniversary Edition), Disc 2

is 185 characters long, so there is not much room for error here.

There is the [MAXLENGTH]maxlength,string[] function, to help with long strings.