PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - WMP

Beemer
09-30-2015, 09:56 AM
I have just purchased dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes. I am presently using Windows Media Player. What is the best method to populate the PerfectTunes database? Is it from an import/export function or must I direct PerfectTunes to a Windows 7 library or directly to the Windows folders? I ask this as I found nothing about WMP in the illustrate products help files

mville
09-30-2015, 10:54 AM
I have just purchased dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes. I am presently using Windows Media Player. What is the best method to populate the PerfectTunes database? Is it from an import/export function or must I direct PerfectTunes to a Windows 7 library or directly to the Windows folders? I ask this as I found nothing about WMP in the illustrate products help files

Directly to the Windows folders:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/mvilleuk/Illustrate/PerfectTunesCCR2.1.jpg

Please can you provide a little more background info:
What file format(s) does your WMP library contain?
Are the existing library files tagged (inc. artwork)?
Do you use WMP as a stand-alone player or as a server/player?

garym
09-30-2015, 03:10 PM
and do you understand that PerfectTunes is not a PLAYER or a MUSIC SERVER. It is a music utility for dealing with album art, id tags, AccurateRip checking, etc. You'll still need a music database/library and a player. If you're on windows, I recommend foobar2000 (it can be both your music library and your player).

Beemer
09-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Okay, now I have my separate music folders, MP3, ogg, and flac linked to Perfect Tunes. I have very few WMA format files and shall drop them.

thanks

Beemer
09-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I did not realise that it could not play files or serve them. I have bought a Raumfeld connect 2 which arrives tomorrow. It can be controlled from their Android app and I was going to buy the Asset UPnP server as when I upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 I will not have WMP server.

However from your comment I am confused as to whether I need a still need a media player if I have the Raumfeld app and Connect 2?

mville
09-30-2015, 04:52 PM
I did not realise that it could not play files or serve them. I have bought a Raumfeld connect 2 which arrives tomorrow. It can be controlled from their Android app and I was going to buy the Asset UPnP server as when I upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 I will not have WMP server.

To confirm, Asset UPnP is a UPnP/DLNA audio server only and there is a trial version available. Foobar2000 is a free server/player.

I definitely recommend either of these rather than use WMP. Theoretically, you could install both, test both with the Raumfeld Connect 2 and see which you prefer.

Beemer
10-01-2015, 02:53 AM
Thanks, I will try both.