PDA

View Full Version : Cant play 24 bit files

gemeit
09-26-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi I have installed Asset on my iMac Yosemite I am trying to play 24 bit files to my Hegel H160 amp via kinsky app for iPad can't get them to play all 16 bit files mp3 etc play ok can anyone help

Thanks

Spoon
09-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Asset normally serves the files as is, that is untouched, it is up to the player to be able to play 24 bit, are you sure the player can?

gemeit
09-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Asset normally serves the files as is, that is untouched, it is up to the player to be able to play 24 bit, are you sure the player can?

Yes the player can play 24bit also in the configuration page the maximum bits is only 16 is this the issue

Spoon
09-27-2015, 07:51 AM
You can change to 24 if required, however if the audio type is set 'as is' then the audio is not touched and the file is sent as is. What type of audio is your 24 bit file?

gemeit
09-27-2015, 09:38 AM
You can change to 24 if required, however if the audio type is set 'as is' then the audio is not touched and the file is sent as is. What type of audio is your 24 bit file?

The file is an apple lossless m4a. I can't change to 24 gives me no option. More detail on this I have just bought this amp Hegel H160 and can't play to it via DNLA/uPnp with anything MiniDnla, Twonky, minim server via various apps KInsky Plugplayer lumin I have all my files on my Unraid server running bubbleupnp. The thing is I can connect via asset but it will not play 24bit files just hangs. I have a pioneer sclx86 and it plays everything fine on all applications so my concern is is the amp faulty if so why can I connect via asset but not any other software. I am at a loss as to why this is trying to understand before I take the amp back and it is a fault with my setup but again why does the pioneer play ok

Spoon
09-27-2015, 11:43 AM
In Asset >> Configuration >> Advanced Configuration >>

Change the m4a file type to 'As Wave', then restart Asset and browse to new files and try to play.

gemeit
09-27-2015, 12:29 PM
In Asset >> Configuration >> Advanced Configuration >>

Change the m4a file type to 'As Wave', then restart Asset and browse to new files and try to play.

Thanks that works would you happen to know why it won't play to the open home render that bubble creates. Plays ok to the hegel profile but kinky won't play playlists or next track unless it is the open home profile

Spoon
09-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Most UPnP players need the control point to be active to set the 2nd track, unless the players are open home compatible (where the playlist is held off player and playback is controlled externally to player and control point).

gemeit
09-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Most UPnP players need the control point to be active to set the 2nd track, unless the players are open home compatible (where the playlist is held off player and playback is controlled externally to player and control point).

Got it all working now thanks with all the trial and error had asset running on iMac with file on unraid server. Moved asset to unraid and all is good is there a reason why you need to change m4a file to wav

Spoon
09-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes, your player is not able to decode 24 bit apple lossless, where-as Asset is able to.