PDA

View Full Version : Arrange Music in Power Pack

zevele1
12-14-2003, 10:35 PM
From FAQ:

Power Pack Extras Download: Arrange Music (215KB) Arrange audio files based on ID Tag Download: Fun Bar Pack

Arrange Music

Cannot find it
And yes i dowloaded it and installed

Razgo
12-14-2003, 11:14 PM
check your help file on where you have dbpoweramp installed for all the important info: dbpoweramp\help\codecs\[Arrange Music]\help.htm

it is used when selecting files through explorer.

the only thing that doesn't appear to be right in the help file is it says Select some files (in explorer), right click >> [Arrange Music]:

for me i see it when i right click then select convert to, and then select "arrange music" from the drop down codec menu.

zevele1
12-15-2003, 10:56 AM
check your help file on where you have dbpoweramp installed for all the important info: dbpoweramp\help\codecs\[Arrange Music]\help.htm

it is used when selecting files through explorer.

the only thing that doesn't appear to be right in the help file is it says Select some files (in explorer), right click >> [Arrange Music]:

for me i see it when i right click then select convert to, and then select "arrange music" from the drop down codec menu.

OK, i got it...
But i understood that it was a setting WHEN converting.
This make sens ? Or not?

I saw it as a solution to the problem i state in another post

:vmad:
Keep Path When Convert problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well ,not a problem i think ,but something who upset me....

Let say i have APE files in a 'New CDs' folder.
Files are in Artist/album folders

I want to convert all the 'New CDs' folder to mp3 in a folder i create "NCDS-mp3'

Why the first thing that dB does is creating a "New CDs' folder inside the 'NCDS-mp3' folder?

Other programs just start to put the Artist/Album folders in the 'NCDS-mp3' folder, NOT creating first a folder of the same name than the folder where the the files to convert are.

To me it looks like a bug.

Beside this life is fun and all your programs are very good. :p

This problem drives me crazy.

But ,as i see it now ,it is a 2 steeps process.

Convert from File Selector NOT checking 'Keep Path When Convert' , because if you set it you got the problem i stated.
AFTER that 'convert' to Arrange Files.

Or ,it is a task that can be set un Power Pack?
I will have a look.

Sorry about all this questions, but i 'am used to programs 'all under one interface' et can have REALLY hard time to track help and setting in db. :thumbdown [me ,not the program...]

Spoon
12-15-2003, 05:09 PM
I think it will be a 2 step process, although I am not 100% on what you are converting (arrangement wise).

zevele1
12-15-2003, 06:01 PM
I think it will be a 2 step process, although I am not 100% on what you are converting (arrangement wise).

CDs,tapes ,LPs ,7 and 12" to APE

After that

APE to MPC
APE to OGG
APE to MP3

MPC to keep on my computer
OGG for a friend to upload
MP3 for cd-player and friends and family [ i do them mp3cd]

I have to buy your burner software to save me one convertion.
But ,at this time i do not have credit card--think about self-employed and income tax small problems...- :teufel8:

And yes ,it is a 2 steeps process.
I needed only few years to find out about the 'Arrange Files' fonction...not bad!

The amont of rip and convertion i do is just COLOSSAL.
And i can tell you that none of your programs take the 'not reponding' lane.
Even with 24 hours+ convertion , or 100+ rips.

Today, around 70 cds rip in SecureRip [ not sure why,by the way - all the cds are mint-] and the program who stop to repond=== i did not get the report concerning the rips :vmad:

You know what? Back to dMC, like it i will feed the Acurate data .

Listening to: '93's Ok J' from 'A Song For Me' by 'Family'

Razgo
12-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Why the first thing that dB does is creating a "New CDs' folder inside the 'NCDS-mp3' folder?

if you don't want dmc to create any folders inside your folder just click on options in dmc audio cd input and click on the "file creation" to change to "track" and that will put the track name in your folder without creating another folder.

experiment one at a time when testing this so you can see the results before doing 1000's at a time.

zevele1
12-17-2003, 05:27 PM
if you don't want dmc to create any folders inside your folder just click on options in dmc audio cd input and click on the "file creation" to change to "track" and that will put the track name in your folder without creating another folder.

experiment one at a time when testing this so you can see the results before doing 1000's at a time.

Not sure we are speaking about the same thing.
If i rip cds you lent me to " Razgo-APE' folder to Artist and album folders , this is fine.
It is when i convert .
I open a 'Razgo-MP3 ' folder.
I want the songs to be ,as in the APE folder , in Artist Album folders.
If i uncheck 'Keep Path When Convert' i got the songs in the MP3 folder without Artist Album folder.
This is logic.

If i check' Keep Path When Convert' i got the songs in Artist Album folders.
But inside a new 'Razgo-APE' folder created inside the folder 'Razgo-MP3' folder i created to put the converted songs.
This drive me really nuts.

Now ,i understand that AFTER i uncheck 'Keep Path' i have to run the 'Arrange Files' '"convertion"

Ok ,but why 2 actions?
Any other converter i know ,just put the songs in Artist Album folders in the folder i created.
They do not first create a folder under the name of the one where the otiginal files are, in the created folder.

Anyway ,i know that this is not a big deal.
But ,as it is the case with anyone from time to time ,a small thing who upset me out of proportion and logic.

Razgo
12-17-2003, 07:09 PM
i think i understand what your saying now. i will do some testing myself to see the results.