PDA

View Full Version : missing metadata when converting to MP*

johnberendt
09-08-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm new to using DB converter.

I have downloaded my CD collection to FLAC using DBPoweramp successfully, and the music and meta data is preserved when using JRiver Media Center 20.

I have been trying to convert the FLAC files to MP3, but seem to lose important metadata. It preserves the album name, but loses artist, song and Genres.

I chose dynamic conversion [origpath]/[origfilename] and lost metadata. Then tried various solution by including [artist]/[genres]...etc, but without luck

The device the will use the MP3 is my LG Android.

The music plays but the lack of metadata makes it hard to select songs and make playlists.

Note that the phone reads the FLAC data well, with preserved metadata, but the files are too big.

Suggestions??

mville
09-08-2015, 03:14 PM
I have been trying to convert the FLAC files to MP3, but seem to lose important metadata. It preserves the album name, but loses artist, song and Genres.

I chose dynamic conversion [origpath]/[origfilename] and lost metadata. Then tried various solution by including [artist]/[genres]...etc, but without luck

The device the will use the MP3 is my LG Android.

The music plays but the lack of metadata makes it hard to select songs and make playlists.

Which platform/OS, dBpoweramp version?

Please provide exact Output Location settings and any DSP Effects/Actions in use. A screenshot of the dBpoweramp Music Converter window would be useful?

What makes you say that metadata has been lost, evidence will help?

Spoon
09-09-2015, 07:01 AM
Right click on an mp3 >> Edit ID Tags

are tags displayed?