PDA

View Full Version : Constant Re-install

cromwell
09-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Good Morning,
I have just joined the dbpoweramp community and have downloaded dbpoweramp and PerfectTUNES. I have a Thinkpad with Windows 8.1. PerfectTUNES shows as a programme on my computer and I have the icon on my desktop. The problem is each time I access PerfectTUNES I have to go through a complete re install process. I access PerfectTUNES through my desktop icon and get "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer Yes or No". I press Yes and get Ready to Install PerfectTUNES Release 2 Registered Install". I press Install and get "Set up has detected an existing version of PerfectTUNES - Installing Version Release 2 Registered - Existing Version Release 2 Registered - Uninstall Existing new ...... - Yes No Cancel". Now whether I press yes or no the same thing happens, I eventually get access to the programme, use it and Close it but whenever I want to use the programme again I have to go through the whole procedure again. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. Many thanks for any help given.

Spoon
09-06-2015, 08:31 AM
You must have the installer on the desktop, install then delete that icon from the desktop.

garym
09-06-2015, 08:37 AM
after you delete that icon from desktop, go to: c:\program files (x86)\Illustrate\Perfecttunes, then right click on PerfectTUNES.exe, then select "create shortcut" and create a shortcut on your desktop. running this will take you to perfecttunes instead of the perfecttunes "installer" program.

cromwell
09-06-2015, 09:35 AM
after you delete that icon from desktop, go to: c:\program files (x86)\Illustrate\Perfecttunes, then right click on PerfectTUNES.exe, then select "create shortcut" and create a shortcut on your desktop. running this will take you to perfecttunes instead of the perfecttunes "installer" program.
Hello,
Thank you very much for your extremely quick response. I have followed your instructions and the problem is solved. Thank you very much indeed!

cromwell
09-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Hello Spoon,
Thank you for your rapid reply. The problem has now been resolved. Thank you again.