PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Tunes De-Dup Won't Play Songs, Can't Compare tracks

pberkshire
08-20-2015, 11:48 AM
I installed Perfect Tunes and when using De-Dup, I hit the play button to listen to the songs it briefly appears to attempt to play the song (play button changes to pause button) but after a few seconds, the button changes back to the play icon and the file is not played. I was running Windows 7, and just upgraded to Windows 10 and the same problem happens. I've search the forum and only found one other post with a similar issue, but their solution of re-installing did not fix for me. I've looked at the sound card and do not see anything out of the ordinary. The same files that De-Dup found, can be played by VLC Player, iTunes, and Windows Media Player without issue. I've also tried running De-Dup "as Administrator" and clearing out the Database cache and rerunning.

Any thoughts or suggests to get this to work?

Spoon
08-20-2015, 12:22 PM
If you look where PerfectTUNES is installed, there is a program uplayer?

pberkshire
08-20-2015, 01:18 PM
There Is no reference to uplayer on the Start Menu/Screen, but under /Program Files/PerfectTUNES/ there is a uplayer.exe. On a whim, I tried to change the properties to run it as administrator, as well as compatibility mode for Windows 7 and XP SP3 with no success.

Spoon
08-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Try running it. It should show a black command line window with text inside if it runs.

pberkshire
08-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Correct a command line window opens with the following text

dBpoweramp Renaissance: uplayer (c) 2010 Illustrate Ltd

Audio Collection: Main Audio Output Device: waveout:-1dBpoweramp Reference

Also I do have a folder \AudioOut which has a WaveOut.dll file in the folder

detherington
08-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Hi
Just joined forum as I have exactly this issue but only since moving to windows 10. It was a clean build from scratch not an upgrade and a fresh installed of latest registered PerfectTunes. I checked the program files and do have the uplayer executable which runs and opens Cmd window displaying same info as post above.

Machine is win 10 with Realtek audio card and everything else plays audio files okay but in PerfectTunes it just briefly flicks from pause to play then stops.

Any ideas?

P.s. Great products, using dbpoweramp, converter and de dup, saves me ages, really good software.

Darrell

Spoon
08-27-2015, 05:16 AM
We will have to test this scenario as soon as we are able to.

detherington
08-27-2015, 11:21 AM

Hi
That's great, if I can help with testing in any way or you want any technical details from my set up let me know, happy to help.
Darrell.

pberkshire
08-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Great to hear. I just wanted to add that Realtek audio as well. Audio driver version 6.0.1.7535. Audio Codec ALC3220. Happy to help as well if there is any further technical information or testing.

Maxpower
08-30-2015, 01:55 AM
Hi - just wanted to add I am experiencing exactly the same issues as reported above; DeDup will not play audio files. Can confirm I have uPlayer installed, WaveOut.dll, audio codecs installed, etc, etc

Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit); Registered version of PerfectTunes (and dbpoweramp); all other audio devices and players functioning normally

Maxpower
08-31-2015, 06:44 PM
Is there a support channel for PerfectTUNES? I would really like to get this issue resolved. Auditioning duplicates is a critical functionality.

Spoon
09-01-2015, 04:20 AM

This is the correct channel.

detherington
09-06-2015, 07:19 PM
This is the correct channel.

Hi
Just wondered if any news on this yet and when there might be a fix, I'd be happy to test a beta version out?
Thanks
Darrell.

Spoon
09-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Looking soon.

Maxpower
09-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Hey Spoon - just wanted to say thanks for the dot release. Can confirm the audition function now works. Just one additional comment: not sure if this is by design, but you cannot pause the track once it is playing.

detherington
09-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Hey Spoon - just wanted to say thanks for the dot release. Can confirm the audition function now works. Just one additional comment: not sure if this is by design, but you cannot pause the track once it is playing.

Spoon,
Great job, works for me too on the latest Realtek drivers but have same issue with pause not working.
Cheers.
Darrell.

detherington
10-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi
Just checking if any news on fixing Pause function?
Cheers

Spoon,
Great job, works for me too on the latest Realtek drivers but have same issue with pause not working.
Cheers.
Darrell.

jrmach
06-18-2017, 12:46 PM
I too am having this problem... Is there any progress on the fix for this as the program is totally useless until fixed. I am using windows 7 pro with all current updates.

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz 66 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 660MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
TOSHIBA Satellite P500 (CPU 1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (Toshiba)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-00JC3T0 (SATA)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-00JC3T0 (SATA)
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240ES
Audio
Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio

Spoon
06-18-2017, 04:38 PM
What does not work? it does not play any audio, or cannot pause?

jrmach
06-19-2017, 12:09 PM
What does not work? it does not play any audio, or cannot pause?

De-dup will not play at all. It brings up the duplicates but will not play them.
I have tried disabling everything else, (virus scanners etc.), also reinstalled audio drivers... no success.

Spoon
06-20-2017, 05:24 AM
You have only 1 playback device? if you have multiple, such as HDMI and optical which are not used, try to disable them.

jrmach
06-22-2017, 10:07 AM
You have only 1 playback device? if you have multiple, such as HDMI and optical which are not used, try to disable them.

Hello again. I tried your suggestion, but it did not work. But what I don't understand is that it has worked fine until recently. Nothing on my system has changed except for windows updates. Why all of a sudden?

Spoon
06-22-2017, 10:34 AM
You have an anti virus program?

Jailhouse
06-22-2017, 01:05 PM
If you got the recent Windows Creators Update, you might want to check your audio settings. I lost a fair number of settings of different types after updating.

jrmach
06-23-2017, 08:01 AM

Yes I do have anti Virus and I did try disabling. What I have noticed is if I do my whole library (all directories) nothing works. If I do one directory with a few subdirectories it works. If I add another directory it partially works (ex. de-dup will play chosen dup starting with top file, if I click on second same song it starts second song from the beginning. if I compare second song first and then click on first song it will stay at same location.

jrmach
06-26-2017, 12:11 PM

Hello Mr. Spoon.

I have solved the issue I was having. Since I did not have this issue until recently, I figured it must be that something was wrong with recently added mp3 files. I was correct. I downloaded a free utility program called mp3checker to check my recent mp3 files. There was a problem with the header information in a few files that were corrupt causing perfect tunes not reading the info properly I guess. They would play fine in all other music programs but not in De-Dup. If I use dbpower to convert to wma they were then fine in De-dup. But I am still at a loss as far as why they would play in every other program except De-dup. Only you can answer this one.

Thanks for your assistance with this issue.

Spoon
07-04-2017, 05:01 PM
You are able to upload one of these files for me to check? (personal message a link to the file on dropbox please).

jrmach
07-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello again. Sorry but I do not use drop box, the cloud or any other services like that. Is there some other method... Email... etc.. or forum upload?

Spoon
07-07-2017, 12:09 PM
You can try email:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm