PDA

View Full Version : Album Artist Artwork

Shiftee
08-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Hi,

My music is organised by Album Artist->Album.

I have the artwork pretty much complete for my Albums/Tracks but I'd also like to have a representative picture in the Album Artist folder (for folder views).

Any thoughts?

Spoon
08-14-2015, 04:50 AM
We do not have anything that can do this, sorry.

Dat Ei
08-14-2015, 04:55 AM
I have the artwork pretty much complete for my Albums/Tracks but I'd also like to have a representative picture in the Album Artist folder (for folder views).

Any thoughts?

In what program? In File Explorer?

Try to save a picture in the folder.

Dat Ei

Shiftee
08-14-2015, 05:53 AM
Yeah it just needs a picture in each Album Artist folder. I'm just looking for a way to automate the process (there are a fair few of them to do).

Dat Ei
08-14-2015, 06:50 AM
Hey Shiftee,

Yeah it just needs a picture in each Album Artist folder. I'm just looking for a way to automate the process (there are a fair few of them to do).

from my point of view this is not a job for dBpa, because this feature has nothing to do with creating, tagging or managing or managing the music files itself.

But what is your intent? Just to see the picture in the file explorer? Or would you like to see the artist art in your player as an additional info? Do you know Kodi (formerly known as XMBC)?

Dat Ei

Shiftee
08-14-2015, 09:39 AM
It's relevant to perfectTUNES though isn't which is what this forum is for?

The purpose is for the stock player on my Synology NAS which has an option to browse the library by Folder (a preferred option, as there's no other way to browse by Album Artist), but when it does this the image it displays for the artist is the image directly within the artist folder.

I'll have a look at Kodi ...

mville
08-14-2015, 10:05 AM
It's relevant to perfectTUNES though isn't which is what this forum is for?

The purpose is for the stock player on my Synology NAS which has an option to browse the library by Folder (a preferred option, as there's no other way to browse by Album Artist), but when it does this the image it displays for the artist is the image directly within the artist folder.

illustrate's software does a good job at helping to build and manage an audio library.

It can't possibly know or be expected to know how all other 3rd party server/players i.e. the stock player on the Synology NAS, perform and then fix (i.e. not browsing by Album Artist) accordingly/or as you would like.

Shiftee
08-14-2015, 10:13 AM
It can't possibly know or be expected to know how all other 3rd party server/players i.e. the stock player on the Synology NAS, perform and then fix (i.e. not browsing by Album Artist) accordingly/or as you would like.

Agreed. Which is why I wasn't asking anything of the sort.

mville
08-14-2015, 10:18 AM
Agreed. Which is why I wasn't asking anything of the sort.

Sorry, I thought you were saying that your issue is relevant to PerfectTUNES.

Shiftee
08-14-2015, 10:27 AM
My original question was relevant given that perfectTUNES deals with artwork; Spoon gave me a succinct response which answered that question (thank you Spoon).

My other posts on this thread were dealing with questions/comments raised by others in relation to my first post.

mville
08-14-2015, 10:58 AM
My original question was relevant given that perfectTUNES deals with artwork

Yes, all I am saying is that it does a good job, but unfortunately it is not and never will be the perfect/all encompassing audio library manager, due to the plethora of server/players on the market and their bugs/idiosyncrasies.

We all have issues with our audio libraries due to these server/player idiosyncrasies that require some manual tweaking/intervention somewhere in the process.

Unfortunately, you may have to manually place the desired artwork into the Album Artist parent folder. I don't know, but maybe Kodi can help you here. Good luck and let us know if you find a neat solution.