PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 File Structure

solkster
08-08-2015, 08:39 AM
After update to windows 10 it seems file structures are not transferring in batch converter with V14.x (14.6 I think). Running converter to folder 'Music\z Music Other\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] - [title]' provided all songs in the folder [artist] – [title] literally with the path Music\z Music Other\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist]. Attempted to run in W7 compatibility mode with same result. Attempted different path [origpath]\[origfilename] with same result. I am missing something or is there a compatibility issue.

Spoon
08-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Give an example full source filename and destination filename please.

solkster
08-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Give an example full source filename and destination filename please.

For script, if I select Music\Rock folder to convert then an example is:

Source: Music\Rock\Soundgarden\Superunknown\Let Me Drown

Desired destination Music\Temp\Soundgarden\Superunknown\Let Me Drown via output location script Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] – [title]

Result: Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\ [artist] – [title]\Let Me Drown with those as the actual folder tree names in Temp

And same for all songs in Rock

Same result if I select Music\Rock\Soundgarden\Superunknown as the source.

BrodyBoy
08-09-2015, 03:42 AM
Source: Music\Rock\Soundgarden\Superunknown\Let Me Drown

Desired destination Music\Temp\Soundgarden\Superunknown\Let Me Drown via output location script Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] – [title]

Result: Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\ [artist] – [title]\Let Me Drown with those as the actual folder tree names in Temp

Remove the variables from the output location. This parameter defines an absolute location that is common to all the files being ripped, i.e., you don't use it to create subfolders based on file- or album-specific tags. That is what the naming string is for.

Right now, you are creating the literal output location: "Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] – [title]" as a common folder structure for the entire batch.

It sounds like what you want is the output location: Music\Temp

Subfolders under that location are then created for artist. albums, etc, based on the structure defined by your naming string.

PS: This isn't a Windows 10 issue....it's a problem with how you're trying to set up the output location and naming string.

mville
08-09-2015, 07:38 AM
After update to windows 10 it seems file structures are not transferring in batch converter with V14.x (14.6 I think). Running converter to folder 'Music\z Music Other\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] - [title]' provided all songs in the folder [artist] &*8211; [title] literally with the path Music\z Music Other\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist].

It would also help to clarify the problem, if you posted the dBpoweramp Music Converter window screenshot showing all the Output Location settings.

solkster
08-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Remove the variables from the output location. This parameter defines an absolute location that is common to all the files being ripped, i.e., you don't use it to create subfolders based on file- or album-specific tags. That is what the naming string is for.

Right now, you are creating the literal output location: "Music\Temp\[artist]\[album]\[artist] – [title]" as a common folder structure for the entire batch.

It sounds like what you want is the output location: Music\Temp

Subfolders under that location are then created for artist. albums, etc, based on the structure defined by your naming string.

PS: This isn't a Windows 10 issue....it's a problem with how you're trying to set up the output location and naming string.

Thanks for the help. I had a big brain lapse and had everything in 'Folder' rather than scripting in 'Dynamic'. Thanks all for your patience.

mville
08-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the help. I had a big brain lapse and had everything in 'Folder' rather than scripting in 'Dynamic'. Thanks all for your patience.

So, to confirm, this is now working ok, in Windows 10?

solkster
08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
So, to confirm, this is now working ok, in Windows 10?

Yes, currently running full convert from FLAC to MP3. Lining up well, 10% done.