View Full Version : Burning Issue

12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Last night I made an mp3 disc which consisted of a variety of source materials (stored mp3 files, WAV files and OGG files made using dB Audio CD Input and dB Auxilary Input). These were transformed into constant bitrate mp3 files and made into an mp3 disc. The process appeared to go smoothly. However, 2 tracks appeared with a glitch the first sign of which was that they did not have an mp3-associated icon rather they had the Windows flag icon. These could not be read by dAP (at least not the release version 1.1 that I have at work) but they could be played on Winamp (v. 2.78c). On further inspection, I found that they files were both burned intact but that the .mp3 was left off of the file name. Renaming the files to add the .mp3 at the end of the file name allowed both files to be identified, read and played on dAP (at least for a little bit, dAP has gone on to crash by just flipping through titles without ever settling on one to play (although it will play a complete playlist-I am aware of the previous thread on that issue and I will follow the advice therein).
I have checked the source files and the CD Burner temp files and the files appear to be in good shape.
Any idea what might cause this kind of glitch and/or how I might avoid such a glitch in the future?
Best wishes,

12-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Do you have the latest version of dMC release 10 installed on your machine or are you still using the beta 3 version (which came with dCW)?

I had this problem sometime ago, for some reason the last file got created with a suffix, but it hasn't happened recently.


12-11-2003, 10:29 AM
I had thought that I was using dMC v.9. I've been using dCW since quite soon after its' release. Anyway, I just mooved to dMC v.10 but this is since the problem I described.
Thanks for your reply.
Bill Mikkelsen

12-11-2003, 05:09 PM
It is a problem with the CD writer, I will make a note as I am working on an update for it now to check and fi if that bug still exists.

12-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks. Its most mysterious. My Panasonic Portible cd/mp3 player plays the tracks fine and so does my car cd/mp3 player. On the other hand, Windows Media Player and MusicMatch don't recognize the tracks.
Bill Mikkelsen

12-13-2003, 12:21 PM
I just reconverted the same tracks (more or less) to mp3 and burned a second pm3 disc at a slower speed. The same 2 tracks did not fully convert (the computer does not recognize these as mp3 files although my XP machine will allow them to be opened by dAP 2. After I reviewed the BIN file for the mp3 disc it appears that the 2 tracks in question were the only tracks with a semi-colon in the title. It appears that the semi-colon is read to signify something else. I will try cahnging the titles in question and trying again.
Bill mikkelsen

12-13-2003, 03:20 PM
I replaced the semi-colons in the two titles with hyphens, re-converted the source files to mp3 and the whole mp3 cd burned as it should.
So if you are burning an mp3 disc you might want to replace any semi-colons in your track titles until this bug gets fixed.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

12-13-2003, 07:00 PM
well that should narrow down where the bug is : : : : :thumbup: