PDA

View Full Version : Asset V5 Wrong amount of albums

Berthold
07-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Hello,
in the last days I upgraded my WHS Server from Asset V4.3 up to V5.0.
Everything works fine with one exception: I guess the counting of the amount of Albums is wrong.
When I copy the following CD´s to my Server

Hank Jones
CD1
CD2

Johnny Smith
CD1

the amount of Albums will increase not by 3 (which is my expectation) but only by 2.
The 2. Directory from the Jones CD is ignored by the counting of Albums by asset.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance, Berthold

Spoon
07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
What are both albums called?

Berthold
07-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Hello,

this was just an example.
But here are real names :
Byas Don
In Baden 67
The Savoy Sessions
Stitt Sonny
The Prestige Masters
"Byas Don" is a subdirectory of "Jazz" and "In Baden 67" is a subdirectory of "Byas Don"
Will this help?
Berthold

mville
07-22-2015, 06:43 AM
When I copy the following CD´s to my Server

Hank Jones
CD1
CD2

Johnny Smith
CD1

the amount of Albums will increase not by 3 (which is my expectation) but only by 2.

Probably because Hank Jones (CD1 and CD2) is 1 album and Johnny Smith (CD1) is 1 album (1+1=2).

Berthold
07-23-2015, 05:37 AM
Hi,
CD1 or CD2 are just example names, but These are 2 seperate CD´s or Albums.
Why should they be handled as one Album by asset?
or the other way round, Í´d like to have These as 2 Albums.
What should I do that asset handles them as 2 seperate Albums?
Thanks,
Berthold

Spoon
07-23-2015, 05:52 AM
Have you tried to browse to this album to see how it appears?

sjbabbey
07-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Asset will use tag data to determine the number of albums so if your CD1 and CD2 have the same album name then Asset will treat them as a single album even though the audio files may be in different folders. If you want to have them treated as separate albums you should simply add "CD1" and "CD2" to the album name tags.

Berthold
07-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Yes, I´ve done this. The Album itself is there andcan be streamed.
It´s just about the counting of the amount of Albums/cd´s

Spoon
07-23-2015, 04:00 PM
How does this album appear when you browse? as 2 albums or all the tracks are listed together as one album?

mville
07-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Yes, I´ve done this. The Album itself is there andcan be streamed.
It´s just about the counting of the amount of Albums/cd´s

When you say 'Yes, I´ve done this', what are you referring to, what is it you have done?

Berthold
07-24-2015, 01:20 AM
How does this album appear when you browse? as 2 albums or all the tracks are listed together as one album?

the Albums are appearing as 2 different albums

Berthold
07-24-2015, 01:23 AM
When you say 'Yes, I´ve done this', what are you referring to, what is it you have done?

Sorry, this is an answer to Spoon´s question
But I`m missing my answer to your post.....:-(((

Berthold
07-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Asset will use tag data to determine the number of albums so if your CD1 and CD2 have the same album name then Asset will treat them as a single album even though the audio files may be in different folders. If you want to have them treated as separate albums you should simply add "CD1" and "CD2" to the album name tags.

I´m using the same string to name the directories as I´m using to name the tags - so the Albums have different names also in the tags.
For me the problem is not with the naming of the directories or the tags - as I´m using the same string to build up the Directory Name and the tags.
I thought that Asset will use tag data to determine the number of albums - but please which tag is used here?
Is it "Discnumber"? Every album has the tag Discnumber with value = 1 within my collection

Spoon
07-24-2015, 06:00 AM
If the album has a different name then that is ok, try a refresh all of the database.

Berthold
07-25-2015, 03:29 AM
If the album has a different name then that is ok, try a refresh all of the database.

Hello Spoon,
I´ve done a refresh all of the database - but nothing changed, the amount is the same as before, which means the amount is wrong.
Btw, as I upgraded the Asset from V4.3 to V5 the amount of the albums was different with each version. In version V4.3 Some more albums are counted by asset.
Any more idea´s?
Berthold

mville
07-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Is it "Discnumber"? Every album has the tag Discnumber with value = 1 within my collection

Why are you setting CD2 with Discnumber = 1?

Berthold
07-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Why are you setting CD2 with Discnumber = 1?

Just because it´s only 1 CD/album in this subdirectory. If I´m tagging album boxes then I´d like to name the album/subdirectory like "At Budokan 1" and "At Budokan 2".
But why counts Asset not correctly - in my point of view - the amount of albums?
And which tag or which information is used by Assed to count the albums?
What is the mechanism behind that?
Can you please explain this?

Spoon
07-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Asset uses SQL code to count the albums, based on track count > 0.

mville
07-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Just because it´s only 1 CD/album in this subdirectory. If I´m tagging album boxes then I´d like to name the album/subdirectory like "At Budokan 1" and "At Budokan 2".
But why counts Asset not correctly - in my point of view - the amount of albums?

So 2 folders are named "At Budokan 1" and "At Budokan 2" and all files in both folders have Discnumber = 1.

What does the Album tag contain for the files in "At Budokan 1" and what does the Album tag contain for the files in "At Budokan 2"?

Also, Edit ID-Tag screenshots might help here.

Berthold
07-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Asset uses SQL code to count the albums, based on track count > 0.

Thanks. Can you please further describe what "based on track count > 0" means?
Is Asset not using a tag value to count the albums?
My personal intention to ask all this is not only to understand my problem, but to handle my data in a way that the correct amount of albums will be count by Asset.

Spoon
07-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Where asset is installed to is a program uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe

Run it, save the file and load into Excel, it will show the internal layout of the database, the later table of Album should be of interest to you.

GST
07-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Hi,
i think there is something wrong with the Album count (since Asset 5).
If you have 3 Albums called e.g. 'Greatest Hits' there is only 1 row in t_album (trackcount is the sum for all 3 Albums).
If you show browse Albums in a contol point, there is only 1 'Greatest Hits' (with many wrong tracks), the other 2 are not there.
If you browse by Artist/Album they are there.

Spoon
07-27-2015, 04:08 PM
If you have an album artist set then the Greatest hits albums will be listed 3 times in the album table.

GST
07-28-2015, 01:34 AM
If you have an album artist set then the Greatest hits albums will be listed 3 times in the album table.
With album artist it's OK. Thanks!