PDA

View Full Version : Album Count

Musicdb
07-18-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm trying to reconcile album count using the current PerfectTUNES AccurateRip Beta (download 7/8/15).

According to Itunes and Media Player my album count is 7549; PerfectTunes says it is 7581 (different by 32).
More interesting are the counts:
Albums with Errors: 331
Albums Accurate: 5309
Albums Not Present: 2028
Albums Can Not Check: 1758

Total Albums: 7581

I see Albums Not Present are now counted as accurate (maybe this should be an option) - taking this into account the could would be 7398 (183 different than Total Albums).

I tried this with the "Use Tags" option and it was kind of a mess. Albums were counted in multiple places (Erros, Accurate, and Not Present).

****** Update: This was using Beta 6, now trying Beta 7.

Musicdb
07-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Beta 7 yields the same counts

PepsiCan
07-19-2015, 03:14 AM
Beta 7 yields the same counts

You can have an album appear in more than one count. For example, an album can appear both in errors as well as cannot check.

Musicdb
07-19-2015, 06:48 PM
That does not make a lot of sense to me - If it has errors, it was checked and was present otherwise errors could not be determined.

It appears the issue is the new version includes Not Present in Accurate - I assume there were complaints because something not updated in AccurateRip should not be presumed an error.. This would be OK but it is not consistent. Of the 2028 Not Present albums, all show up in accurate except 179. I can determine no difference between those that are included and those that are not.

Musicdb
07-19-2015, 11:16 PM
It looks like the majority of my issue is the metadata associated with disc number (1/1 vs "blank"). It has not resolved all the issues but it is getting closer. Would still like to have the Option for Accurate to just be those that are verified accurate...

PepsiCan
07-20-2015, 06:52 AM
That does not make a lot of sense to me - If it has errors, it was checked and was present otherwise errors could not be determined.

It appears the issue is the new version includes Not Present in Accurate - I assume there were complaints because something not updated in AccurateRip should not be presumed an error.. This would be OK but it is not consistent. Of the 2028 Not Present albums, all show up in accurate except 179. I can determine no difference between those that are included and those that are not.

It happens due to knock-on effects. For example, if you have a corrupt track, it will show up in the error count. But at the same time, it also means you now have an incomplete album, which causes an entry for the album not being verifiable. So, it is not that illogical.

That said, good to see you are making progress.