PDA

View Full Version : Batch Convertor will not run Maximized

caravaggio
06-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Hi
I'm new to the forum, but have been using this software for a couple of years now with no problems up until about three weeks ago.
Suddenly when I launched the programme from either the desktop or the .exe file the programme opened straight to the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I tried the obvious - set it to run maximized, run as administrator and even run in XP compatability mode but the problem persisted.
I was able to use the convertor from the mouse menu by selecting the files etc, but this meant I could only do smaller batches than previously.

I removed the programme and reinstalled it and now it will not run at all "Error Running Music Convertor" message now comes up.

So I've gone from a great reliable programme to a buggy programme and now to NOT running programme. This is hugely annoying now. I'm no donut when it comes to PCs and software but I've hit a wall.

Any help would be hugely appeciated.

mville
06-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Any help would be hugely appeciated.

dBpoweramp and Windows Vista related problems have been all over the forums in the past couple of weeks.

Try searching the forums for a possible solution.

Spoon
06-21-2015, 03:37 PM
See:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?36181-Windows-Vista-Security-Update-KB3057839-breaks-dBpoweramp

caravaggio
06-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Brilliant, I will go a-hunting

Thanks for taking the time to reply

caravaggio
06-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Problem solved by disabling Disable Desktop Composition, couldnt find the suggested update to remove in my control panel listing..could it be one of the others??

most recent (sinc problem started are:
KB3023224
KB3035490
KB3048077
KB3037581

Many thanks