PDA

View Full Version : Metadata updating

hektor
06-19-2015, 10:05 PM
If I rip an LP that has never been on cd and burn it to a cd, can I enter this to the metadata base?

BrodyBoy
06-20-2015, 02:36 AM
If I rip an LP that has never been on cd and burn it to a cd, can I enter this to the metadata base?
You can't use PerfectTunes, CD Ripper, or another program to obtain the metadata automatically.

But for a single LP (or a small number), it's easy to add the metadata manually. There's a simple way to to this in Windows Explorer. Right-click on the ripped files and select "Edit ID Tag" from the context menu. Enter the information you want in the editing window. (Select all the LP's files to edit the information they all share....album, album artist, artist (probably), year, album art, etc. Click through each one to enter their unique info, like track and title.)

daleyb
06-20-2015, 01:06 PM
I always do mine in CD RIPPER.> REVIEW ALL METADATA.INPUT> RIP. ive never tried Brodyboys way..But Could Imagine that its takes a good deal of time keep going into each track.But there again anyway takes a deal of time!

garym
06-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I always do mine in CD RIPPER.> REVIEW ALL METADATA.INPUT> RIP. ive never tried Brodyboys way..But Could Imagine that its takes a good deal of time keep going into each track.But there again anyway takes a deal of time!

I think BrodyBoy is referring to the OPs creating digital files from LP and then after the fact editing the metadata for the digital files. That is, one can't "rip" the vinyl LP. If one is then RIPPING the CD created from the LP, then one could use your method for faster entering of the metadata.

BrodyBoy
06-20-2015, 07:37 PM
I always do mine in CD RIPPER.> REVIEW ALL METADATA.INPUT> RIP.
As garym explained, this issue/thread really has nothing to do with CD Ripper, since the question was not about ripping CDs. It's about adding metadata to files created from LPs.