PDA

View Full Version : FLAC to MP3 help for a newbie

metalhead64
06-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Hi, I'm a new user of dbpoweramp and this is my first post. I recently became interested in ripping all my cd's to flac and saving them to a portable hard drive. I've managed to figure out the ripping process and now would like to convert those files to mp3. I've converted a few files and the tracks are all lumped together and not separated out into albums. In other words if I convert 2 albums, track no 1 for both albums are placed together, track 2 from both albums are placed together, and so on..... Plus the album art is missing from the conversion even though the original flac file has the art.

I'm using the trial version currently and plan on purchasing if I can figure out how to make this work. I'm guessing I don't have some setting correct and I looked thru the forums figuring I wasn't the only one with this question and didn't find a solution so I apologize if this has been answered before. Like I stated earlier, I'm new to file converting and don't understand all the terminology so if you could dumb down your response for a newbie like me to understand I would appreciate it!

Spoon
06-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Use Batch Converter with the dynamic naming option set to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

You would set the folder above dynamic to a location where you want the mp3 files to be written (including the full original folders).

About album art, it is embedded in the flac files? or written as folder.jpg?

metalhead64
06-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Use Batch Converter with the dynamic naming option set to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

You would set the folder above dynamic to a location where you want the mp3 files to be written (including the full original folders).

About album art, it is embedded in the flac files? or written as folder.jpg?

Thanks, I will try that

I'm not sure how to answer the album art question. I just know the album art is attached to the flac file after ripping.

I got frustrated a couple weeks ago trying to convert to mp3 and haven't messed with it since. I don't remember exactly what I was doing since I also downloaded foobar2000 to play the flac files. I will try again & see what happens

metalhead64
06-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Spoon,
I changed the dynamic naming option as you suggested. I selected 2 flac files and converted to mp3. I retained the album art & the tracks are separated out and not clumped together like before. But, the tracks are not separated into each album title. In other words when I rip to flac each artist is separated to its own folder and within that folder are folders for each album. Then each album folder has the tracks.

When I converted 2 albums all the tracks show in one folder. The first album tracks are listed 1-10 then the second album tracks are listed 1-10. The album art is correct for each track even though both albums are in the same folder. How do I separate the albums within the folder for the artist?
Thanks!

metalhead64
06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Never mind, I got it! I missed the back slash in the command string and that did it. Thank you! Ironically my trial version ended today while I was using it so I went ahead and purchased.