PDA

View Full Version : Program not loading

texasflood
06-13-2015, 01:44 AM
I am still running Windows Vista 32 bit. I was using R 14.3 and started to rip a CD for the first time in over a month. Hit the "Review MetaData" button at the bottom right corner to make some changes in song titles, composers, etc. and it just froze. Went to the website and noticed an update (14.4) was available, so I downloaded it. Now the ripper is unusable. When I open it all I can see is the box in the middle that shows the CD/DVD drive that the CD is in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling starting with the first version I had (R13.5), then proceding through each update/upgrade through R14.3 and still can't get it to work. How do I fix this problem?

BrodyBoy
06-13-2015, 01:54 AM
I am still running Windows Vista 32 bit. I was using R 14.3 and started to rip a CD for the first time in over a month. Hit the "Review MetaData" button at the bottom right corner to make some changes in song titles, composers, etc. and it just froze. Went to the website and noticed an update (14.4) was available, so I downloaded it. Now the ripper is unusable. When I open it all I can see is the box in the middle that shows the CD/DVD drive that the CD is in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling starting with the first version I had (R13.5), then proceding through each update/upgrade through R14.3 and still can't get it to work. How do I fix this problem?

Please take a look at some of the other recent threads on the CD Ripper forum. (Always a good idea to search for your issue before posting, as many answers can be found quickly or you may....as in this case...discover that there is already an active discussion underway.) There's a lot of talk about Vista users having problems with dBp after a recent Windows update. Spoon is working to identify and fix it.

Spoon
06-13-2015, 03:24 AM
Please see:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?36159-CD-Ripper

texasflood
06-30-2015, 12:32 AM
So sorry. I usually do look first befor starting a new thread. Spoon - Thanks for the link.