PDA

View Full Version : CD Ripper (Not Responding)

DoctorDave
06-09-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I have ripped hundreds of CD's as wav files to my computer over the past few months using CD Ripper. No problems.....great program! However, yesterday when I would insert a CD, the program would attempt to read it, and after about 15 seconds, it would display "NOT RESPONDING". I have un-installed and re-installed the program at least 4 times, although the problem remains.

Oddly, if I eject the CD, the program will display the contents of the CD, and it will attempt to rip the audio to my hard drive.....but nothing is really there when I check it later. I have two CD drives, and both exhibit the same problem.

I am at a loss to explain this. Help!

DD

Spoon
06-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Try to disable all the metadata providers (from meta drop menu), does it not freeze? if so try to enable one at a time.

Thg6276
06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I have same issue sometimes.
I think the problem is only with Music Brainz.
When I disable this provider all is OK after.

DoctorDave
06-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Thank you!! That solved it!

Much appreciated.

schmidj
06-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Something is going on with the MusicBrains server. This has been happening intermittently over the last several months. It apparently doesn't respond or doesn't respond correctly and hangs the ripper. Please investigate. Also, when it hangs, you can't turn off the providers until you finally get a response. Is some kind of timeout in the ripper metadata search routine not working?