PDA

View Full Version : Ripping errors without errors

PepsiCan
06-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone

I just used the PerfectTunes R2 beta for the first time. The reason I went for the beta rather than release 1.7 is because I want to check out the metadata management.

I checked my music library for ripping errors. It picked up some CDs, mainly those already identified when I ripped them with DBPowerAmp. But PerfectTunes also flagged up some albums with any errors. See the screenshot for what I mean. Why is that?

Thank you for your help!

garym
06-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone

I just used the PerfectTunes R2 beta for the first time. The reason I went for the beta rather than release 1.7 is because I want to check out the metadata management.

I checked my music library for ripping errors. It picked up some CDs, mainly those already identified when I ripped them with DBPowerAmp. But PerfectTunes also flagged up some albums with any errors. See the screenshot for what I mean. Why is that?

Thank you for your help!

what does the log show about those albums when you click on the i details on that page.

PepsiCan
06-08-2015, 12:08 AM
what does the log show about those albums when you click on the i details on that page.

In both cases that the tracks are accurately ripped. I couldn't see an error in there. I'll post the logs later.

PepsiCan
06-08-2015, 12:27 PM
In both cases that the tracks are accurately ripped. I couldn't see an error in there. I'll post the logs later.

Hereby the log of all 18 discs. Apart from the two highlighted in the screenshot there were a few more that also suffered from the same phenomenon.

Thanks for the help!

garym
06-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Hereby the log of all 18 discs. Apart from the two highlighted in the screenshot there were a few more that also suffered from the same phenomenon.

Thanks for the help!

But these logs are showing some tracks that are not accurately ripped. I thought you had examples of PerfectTunes showing the album as NOT accurately ripped yet the rip originally showed as accurate in the ripping log. do you have any like that. Otherwise, these logs look pretty normal, with some tracks with either not enough info or some with errors/warnings.

PepsiCan
06-08-2015, 04:02 PM
But these logs are showing some tracks that are not accurately ripped. I thought you had examples of PerfectTunes showing the album as NOT accurately ripped yet the rip originally showed as accurate in the ripping log. do you have any like that. Otherwise, these logs look pretty normal, with some tracks with either not enough info or some with errors/warnings.

I do.

Match the logfile with the screen shot. Blocks 3 and 4 show all files as accurate (Bruno Mars and Billy Joel). That said, I did some further research and found the probable cause. For the two albums, all tracks are accurate. However, there are duplicates in the folder and PerfectTunes flags that up, albeit without a clear error indication.

garym
06-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I do.

Match the logfile with the screen shot. Blocks 3 and 4 show all files as accurate (Bruno Mars and Billy Joel). That said, I did some further research and found the probable cause. For the two albums, all tracks are accurate. However, there are duplicates in the folder and PerfectTunes flags that up, albeit without a clear error indication.

OK. So I think that everything is working as expected. (if the number of tracks in a folder are different from the number in the CD, this will cause AR matching problems I believe)

Spoon
06-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Open windows explorer and type into address bar:

%appdata%

Please zip up the perfecttunes folder and upload to dropbox (or similar) and provide a link please.

PepsiCan
06-09-2015, 02:19 PM
OK. So I think that everything is working as expected. (if the number of tracks in a folder are different from the number in the CD, this will cause AR matching problems I believe)

Not quite. An appropriate error message would be in order. Now, the CD gets flagged up but neither from the screen nor from the logfile is it apparent that there is a problem, in my view.

PepsiCan
06-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Open windows explorer and type into address bar:

%appdata%

Please zip up the perfecttunes folder and upload to dropbox (or similar) and provide a link please.

Done. You can find the files here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7cAMy7pVtRNfjhqbEU3LThLMTBQUDRRUVV TeVJsYXl1aXN5U0JDcHFDeDczakNpUG5zUlk&usp=sharing).

Spoon
06-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Beta 5 is up which fixes this issue.

PepsiCan
06-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Beta 5 is up which fixes this issue.

It does. Thanks!