PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mp3 tags ID3v2.4 in user context

Dat Ei
05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Hey Spoon,

I've configured with "dbpoweramp Configuration" - "Advanced Options" that mp3 files should be tagged in the ID3v2.4 version (with Unicode-UTF8).

As long as I convert flac files into mp3 files as administrator (I've tested with the Fraunhofer codec), the mp3 files have tags in the ID3v2.4 version. If I convert the same files within my user context without administrator privileges, the resulting mp3 files have tags in the ID3v2.3(!) version.

Any idea?

Dat Ei

Spoon
05-24-2015, 06:25 PM
The configuration program is elevated, so make you user account, administrator, run dBpoweramp Configuration, then set the 2.4 option, then set the account back to standard user.

Dat Ei
05-25-2015, 03:11 AM
Hey Spoon,

The configuration program is elevated, so make you user account, administrator, run dBpoweramp Configuration, then set the 2.4 option, then set the account back to standard user.

ok, that helped. Thank you!

But if this settings are user specific and not general system settings, wouldn't it be better if the user could manage them in his user context? As far as I have find out only a few registry entries are written into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\T agging section of the registry. That could be done by a piece of software running in user's context without having administrator privileges. Maybe an idea for R16.

Dat Ei